Ed Kennell

Finally, Spring has arrived.

ericj

got sent home from work today at 9:45 they came around and said that plant was closing at 10 AM for today, tonight, tomorrow, and tomorrow night. Thurs's a wait and see. roads where only wet when I started home from Delta towards Red Lion. Closer I got to Red Lion the worse the roads got and the heavier it snowed, called the wife and told her to head home, she hates driving on snow covered roads. She got half way home and said she couldn't make it the rest of the way. I had no one to help me get the car home till the kids got home from school or work around 1. she sat there and waited for about an hour and the roads improved enough for her to drive home. 

After I knew she was on the way I took my Toro 10/28 walk behind snowblower out and did the drive. The wind was blowing the right way that I didn't have to wear any lol. I probably had about 4" at that time, about ankle deep. was just out side a little after 5 and measured between 5 to about 7". Calling for about a foot.

eric j 

• Like 4

lynnmor

Just finished 3 driveways and the first one is white again and slippery.  Six miles from Red Lion.

• Like 3

ericj

picked up another 2 stage blower over in Lancaster PA last night , has anyone ever put a 2 stage blower on a C195 ? tried last night but the lift arm didn't have a place to hook it like the 300, 400 and 500 series tractors. I might have blower sold already but it would be neat to have on the super C 195. I then installed it on my 520-HC. Will have to try it out before this is all over. 

eric j

• Like 3

BOB ELLISON

I'm sure sorry for you all on the east coast. Here in the winter/water Wonderland I  haven't seen a good snow in 4 weeks. I haven't plowed snow since  mid February. I think the weatherman said we got 51 inch's of snow this winter. But in the South and West there gitting tornadoes so it could always be worse. 

• Like 4

Vinylguy

It has been a cold long winter here in west central ILLIFORNIA but thankfully not a lot of snow. Lake opens in a couple weeks so hoping for early spring to get the water turned on.

Cant wait to start working the commando again. Hoping this is the last winter blast for all our east coast members.

• Like 8

Red144runner

Yeah we are in for 5-8" more tomorrow. It's got me in a jam since I have everything ready for the swept axle swap but I need the tractor for plow duty

• Like 4

953 nut

We are forecast to have a couple inches of snow overnight in North Carolina. Perfect for me because our granddaughter is visiting from Florida and has never seen snow.          :woohoo:

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, BOB ELLISON said:

weatherman said we got 51 inch's of snow this winter.

WOW  !!!

We've got 53... just in March !!!

3 storms. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

ztnoo
20 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

We've got 53... just in March !!!

3 storms. 

Like they say in real estate: Location, location, location.

Yikes!

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Every since I sold the 416, with cab and snowblower we have been getting hammered. Might as well blame me for being a jinx. :lol:  Tomorrow is supposed to be really bad. Goid luck to those "in the path". 

Ed, you mentioned Spring, where is it?

Glenn

• Like 7

Ed Kennell

See the source image                         Patients Guys......

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Looks like we only got about 3" of hard crusty stuff overnight.    It is 28F and snowing now with a NE wind.    Looks like more work for the plow machine after the sun comes up.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
10 hours ago, 953 nut said:

We are forecast to have a couple inches of snow overnight in North Carolina. Perfect for me because our granddaughter is visiting from Florida and has never seen snow.          :woohoo:

That's pretty awesome. I worked with a guy up here in Massachusetts a few years back. He was originally from Denton Texas. He had a son, 11 years old. Had never seen more than just flurries of snow. Needless to say he was more excited than any gift you could have given him!

• Like 3

953 nut

Image result for spring wet my plants

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

WVHillbilly520H

Just a half hour ago pic...spring you say :think:...on a side note @Ed Kennell that wet snow does blow with the correct blower a 2stage 7" heavy wet last Monday no problem video (except for BILS gravel driveway.)

IMAG4284.jpg

VIDEO0073.mp4

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 5

WHX??

Hang in there fellas. Usually the nice thing about these late storms is the snow doesn't stick around long. Course if the ground is still froze the melting snow can create water problems!  I always worry about our furry friends in the woods. This time is always the hardest for them as them don't have much to eat till spring green up.

• Like 3

Tankman

Spring here? Guess the white wet cold blowing stuff......onion snow? :ROTF:

"Onion snow" is a colloquialism in the state of Pennsylvania and refers to the final snowfall before the end of the spring season. Onion planting occurs around "onion snow" time. Onion snow is sometimes said to mean snow that occurs after the traditional time of planting spring onions."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Tankman
43 minutes ago, WHX14 said:

Hang in there fellas. Usually the nice thing about these late storms is the snow doesn't stick around long. Course if the ground is still froze the melting snow can create water problems!  I always worry about our furry friends in the woods. This time is always the hardest for them as them don't have much to eat till spring green up.

"Water problems"?

When I was travelling on the USS Guam I never saw a squid (:ROTF:) with "water problems".

Once I got my sea legs my "water problems" were over.

guam_logo.png.9079496c6a11edeb3c2faaaea9c49371.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pullstart

The plows are off the work truck and I'm hoping to keep them that way for a while.  Seems when it came, it really came... but I've never seen 53" of snow in just 3 storms, so what do I know!?  I do know the 22 hour days of plowing were ridiculous, with customers calling after my 2nd trip there asking when I'd be there to plow!

• Like 3

lynnmor

Daughter and SIL arrived last night from the Alabama coast, pulling their travel trailer.  They couldn't do their steep drive so they came to my driveway.  I plowed it just before dark.  11AM it looked like this and another 5 to 10 predicted.  Will need the snowblower, for the first time this year when all is done.

Trailer in Snow.JPG

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

Just came inside from a few hours of :wh: seat time as well as the eMax, first snow to stop up the 2stage cute but also last week ate the rubber paddles off the impeller with BILS gravel driveway ,here's a video or 2 of the deuce in 10"+ wet heavy SPRING snow,  videograghy by ways of my wife, Jeff.

20180321_121909.mp4

20180321_122239.mp4

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2

Digger 66

Heard you guys are getting it good down there .

We used to haul flour to Bimbo Bakeries in Sayre PA .

They dropped us 2 weeks ago and started getting their flour from Camp Hill .

Bimbo called my boss wondering if we could get them 50 K lbs. by 5 am.

I know what I would have told them , but my boss is a nice guy .

• Like 2