Deadguy

Weekend haul!

Sparky

Looks like a great haul! Little bit of everything!

Deadguy

If I had a bigger trailer I really could have gotten in trouble in Polo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Deadguy

After my initial examination of the 8hp after I got it home, I was able to determine that the engine is free and the starter spins when power is applied to it.  However, the starter relay seems to be bad, the carb throttle and choke linkage seems to be stuck, and it will not fire with starter fluid.  My compression tester says it is making 60 psi.   It looks like some Deep Creep is in my near future....

• Like 1

jellyghost

Tiller and slot hitch is a great score.

Deadguy

The 1973 8hp is now running! All it took was some gasoline, an oil change, new fuel line, spark plug, condenser, points, starter solenoid, carburetor, head gasket, and cylinder head!  Thankfully, I had a spare cylinder head laying around that I could pop on.  The one that was on the tractor had a tiny crack going out from the spark plug hole.  There was very little carbon inside the cylinder head, and the piston top and valves had no carbon deposits and were pretty clean.  Now it is running strong, with no smoke!  It sounds great too.  Hopefully it has lots of life left in it.  Next step, the transmission!!!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Pollack Pete

NICE haul.I remember the days,not so long ago,that Wheel Horses were plentiful within driving distance of me.Looks like you did great with what you brought home.Have fun with your new toys.

peter lena

good going on that haul, even better is the way you got after the problems. recovering neglect is the major issue you find with almost any buy. glad you are going rear end oil change next, I use ( atf oil ) as a flushing lube, also new shift boot. wiring issues, I like new connections with  ( die electric ) grease at contacts, ensures conductivity and stops corrosion. the fact that's its running makes things much easier. I usually go after any metal to metal contact point with lubricant, (  what a concept )  like throttle and choke cables, get after them till lube drips out  of end , ensuring smooth operation. stay after it , pete

• Like 2