jdleach

Part Numbers - 1985 312-8

jdleach

Lookin' fer parts. My old PC, with all my links for parts sources, died an ignominious death several weeks ago, and now that I am trying to get the 312 ready for a new season, I am having some difficulty in finding the correct part numbers for my tractor. Found Toro's parts site, but their catalog doesn't go back to my model number anymore. Therefore, I am unsure as to whether the parts numbers listed there are correct. Had a local source for parts, but the owners sold out, and the new owners jacked the prices up significantly, so I figure I will just procure my supplies from online.

Here is what I am needing (good source, and correct part #):

1. Mule drive pulleys, inner one (V-style).

2. PTO Thrust bearing.

3. PTO needle bearing seal.

4. 42" deck belt idler pulley. Deck is a Toro, model 78345.

If there is a place that has an online catalog for these older Horse parts, I would welcome the link too. Therefore I wouldn't have to bug you fine folks with such queries. At some point, I am intending to get back to work on my 1981 black hood C-175 Hydro, so I will need good sources for those parts as well. 

For those of you you who like photos (and who doesn't) here are some pics. I took of the dismantled 312-8 just a few minutes ago.

Thanks heaps guys!

DSCN4011.JPG

DSCN4012.JPG

DSCN4013.JPG

DSCN4014.JPG

• Like 2

gwest_ca

We do not have an original parts list so have to rely on the on-line lists. Just remember the 312-8 manual is shared with other models so each item may have more than one part number. ie. 4 item 13's with 4 different part numbers often without a description of what fits what. If in doubt post a question.

One you can print out. Click on the pictures

The mower deck parts list includes the mule drive. Your deck is newer than the tractor.

You can often save quite a bit by using aftermarket pulleys. Here is a partial list of replacements

The pto parts you need will be the same for each model

A link to an on-line dealer 

http://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/21-12k801-312-8-toro-312-8-garden-tractor-1985

The parts that are priced are still available from Toro.

Garry

• Excellent 1

jdleach

Thank you Garry, will poke around and see what I can come up with.

jdleach

Just got through ordering all the parts I need to get the tractor and mower deck up to snuff. Been burned on the quality of some after market parts in the past, so I went with genuine Toro/Wheelhorse parts. Pricey, yes, but I probably will not have to ever replace these particular items again. Went ahead and got both mule drive pulleys, new spacers (apparently the PO had lost one, and cut a piece of conduit as a replacement), the PTO pulley end bearing, and the mower deck idler. None of the idlers/bearings were significantly bad, just rough feeling and somewhat stiff. I figure that the deck should be quieter with the new belts and pulleys though.