Ed Kennell

2018 Airville, Pa. Mud Sale

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ed thanks for the pictures. Looks like if you needed some thing it could have been found at this sale. How did the Amish react to having their pictures taken?

• Like 1

SPINJIM

Nice pictures Ed.   Glad we finally got some nice weather for it.   Looked like some decent tractors there,  but didn't see any WH.    WH are becoming harder and harder to find at auctions.   I haven't seen one at a Mud Sale in five years.   People seem to put them on CL, and ask ridiculous prices for them.   Hope you had a good time, and got some Shoofly Pie or Amish donuts.    

Jim

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Looked to be a cub cadet sale with all the white and yellow :lol:

• Like 1

RJ Hamner

WOW  I was going to say "everything but the kitchen sink" but there it was in one of the pictures!

Is this an annual thing?  Looks like it could be a future "road trip"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

How did the Amish react to having their pictures taken?

Years back I was driving  my  street rod  through Amish country and pulled into a gas station at the same time as an Amish man in his buggy. He was using the hand crank pump to buy kerosene while I was  taking a restroom break. When I left the store I walked over and checked out the buggy and heard my wife laughing. Turns out the Amish man was checking out the street rod at the same time. We spoke for a few minutes and my wife asked if she could take a picture of us with the horse and buggy, he posed like a pro! Wish I had that picture to share.

• Like 6

12 hp Kohler

The airville mud sale is great. I was there all day and managed to spend $100 :hide:.

I bought two big block kohlers today for very cheap and a few other fun things. Seemed like at mid day half of York county was at the sale but there were still good prices. Sadly only one wheel horse at the sale. It was a b-82 vertical shaft it went for $13 missing engine with the deck, good price but I don’t really like the vertical shafts so I had to pass on it. 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
8 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Ed thanks for the pictures. Looks like if you needed some thing it could have been found at this sale. How did the Amish react to having their pictures taken?

Yeah, the sale items were organized in categories with 8-10 auctioneers selling at a time.   I must be getting selective though, I didn't buy anything.

I think the Amish folk are more conditioned to being in the eye of the public and accept the fact that they are being photographed.

7 hours ago, SPINJIM said:

Nice pictures Ed.   Glad we finally got some nice weather for it.   Looked like some decent tractors there,  but didn't see any WH.    WH are becoming harder and harder to find at auctions.   I haven't seen one at a Mud Sale in five years.   People seem to put them on CL, and ask ridiculous prices for them.   Hope you had a good time, and got some Shoofly Pie or Amish donuts.    

Jim

It was cold and windy all week here Jim, but today the wind calmed, the sun was out and it was a pleasant day to be out.  There were a couple decent tractors there, but they were all the wrong color.     No Amish deserts for me Jim.   Mrs. Ks  Shoofly pie is the best in the County.  I'm too savvy to come home with some strangers pie smell on my breath.  B)

7 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Looked to be a cub cadet sale with all the white and yellow :lol:

Right Jeff,  yellow/white and yellow/green.   But no red for Ed.

4 hours ago, RJ Hamner said:

WOW  I was going to say "everything but the kitchen sink" but there it was in one of the pictures!

Is this an annual thing?  Looks like it could be a future "road trip"

It is an annual event Hammer.  If you need a kitchen sink....."come on up" next year.

49 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Years back I was driving  my  street rod  through Amish country and pulled into a gas station at the same time as an Amish man in his buggy. He was using the hand crank pump to buy kerosene while I was  taking a restroom break. When I left the store I walked over and checked out the buggy and heard my wife laughing. Turns out the Amish man was checking out the street rod at the same time. We spoke for a few minutes and my wife asked if she could take a picture of us with the horse and buggy, he posed like a pro! Wish I had that picture to share.

That pic would be a classic Dick.         The Amish today, although they have restrictions on any connection to the outside utility grids, ie electricity, water, gas, etc.,  they have no problem using todays technology.   As evidenced by the engineering firm they hired to do the sounding to create a geological map to locate the best location to drill the irrigation wells for the farm they recently purchased adjacent to me.

5aadcb636b48c_IMG_0005(1).JPG.104051ffef9721c60e710b653814ac42.JPG

I have seen several Amish metal and wood shops with all the machinery powered by compressed air, and the water from these irrigation wells will pressurized with air.

The nearest well is about 200yds from mine.  I hope my well isn't affected and that I don't hear the diesel powered gen sets all night.

40 minutes ago, 12 hp Kohler said:

The airville mud sale is great. I was there all day and managed to spend $100 :hide:.

I bought two big block kohlers today for very cheap and a few other fun things. Seemed like at mid day half of York county was at the sale but there were still good prices. Sadly only one wheel horse at the sale. It was a b-82 vertical shaft it went for $13 missing engine with the deck, good price but I don’t really like the vertical shafts so I had to pass on it. 

Sorry I missed you Robbie.    Did you get the Kohler with the broken crank?       Yeah, I looked at the B-82 and a couple TORO vertical crank tractors.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

dclarke

Thanks for the pics, Ed!  Looks like a little bit of everything. 

• Like 1

squonk

Those Brinly dics were nice and I can't believe they didn't want to keep the jacuzzi for themselves! :)

• Like 1

12 hp Kohler
11 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Sorry I missed you Robbie.    Did you get the Kohler with the broken crank?       Yeah, I looked at the B-82 and a couple TORO vertical crank tractors.

Always seem to miss you at these auctions and tractor shows. I bought the kohler with the broken crank for $13 and a supposedly running 14hp kohler for $45. All of the big block kohlers went for under $50, all worth picking up but I don’t need more projects. I might post a thread about the kohlers. I’m going down to our farm this afternoon and will snap some photos. 

• Like 2