Jack45

Need Help

Skipper

My:twocents-02cents: is that a C160 hydro/auto can plow, till and all just fine. Just a bit altered technique you have to use. Most important to me is, that when you have the hydraulic lift of attachments, you newer want to be without it. I for one will newer revert to manual shift again. :-)

Sorry to hear about your loss in the fire. I know how I would have felt :no: 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

953 nut
5 hours ago, Jack45 said:

$950 for.  It has the plow and mower with it. Seems a bit high but he has done a lot of work to it and it would be usable right away.

With new tires all around and a mower and snow blade this is not too bad. This is the first year I have plowed snow with a hydro with a lift and I must say it was a pleasure.

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

I've been spoiled since I bought my first :wh: brand new a 520H (basically the modern version of the C160) it has done everything your suburban did for you then some and I never strained my arm/shoulder using any of the implements just like @Skipper said a learning curve to run a tiller but once you go hydro for your main worker you'll wonder why you waited so long, Jeff.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

I added a lift cable to my 1974 C160 and it was very simple. I got the cable Wheelhorseman, he's one of the vendors here 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Jack45

I ended up driving to Baraboo and that Horse followed me home. I told my wife I needed it for the "healing process." I have the slot hitch for it.  I need the cable that goes under the seat and connects to that Hydraulic "thingy." If someone has time could I get a picture of what that should look like? 

Give me a few months and I may be very interested in that 401. I need to build a building to store....errrr....hide my horses.

The suburban was never really able to push that snow all that well so I stopped trying after the first heavy snow.  I am looking forward to seeing what this one could do. Otherwise I need to re-gravel my driveway this spring so it will be put to work doing that.

Edited by Jack45
  • Excellent 1

Sarge

Get with Lowell - he has the new cable for the rear lift.

@wheelhorseman

That series C-160 has the strongest Sundstrand auto built and a basically bulletproof chassis - if it can get the traction it would move your garage, loaded. That is a highly sought tractor for that reason and the gut-wrenching torque of the K-341 makes it an animal. Add a set of weights and some ags and it can easily handle a Brinly 12" plow like it's not even back there. No job it can't handle and it's still very simple to work on - you made a good choice.

Glad to hear the insurance company at least paid out some of the replacement cost, most will just laugh at the prices of these things since to them they are "just lawn mowers". Clueless, like most of the rest of 'em.

Sarge

• Like 1

WHX??

I think you did ok if it had all stuff he claimed to have done with it. You definitely not be disappointed with the performance if it operates as should. Sarge is right that thing will move whatever you need with the right tires & ballast. You will run out of traction long before you run out of power. Get us some :text-coolphotos: when you get a chance! :handgestures-thumbupright: yes see Lowell for the cable and be sure to tell him you want the cheesehead discount! :lol:

• Like 1