Goldnboy

Wheelhorse front thatcher

Goldnboy

I was in need of a front thatcher and came up with this hybrid snapper/john deere setup. Will this create to much pressure on the mule drive?

20180305_070727.jpg

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:            I don't think that light load will do any harm.          :text-coolphotos:

Tankman
6 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:            I don't think that light load will do any harm.          :text-coolphotos:

I have a rear dethatcher but, playing with a free pull dethatcher.

Thinking of converting to a push. A project just cause the grandsons need something to do.

Frt_Dethatcher.jpg.9de6a1c5abb504d99cc4e723dd535543.jpg

Dethatch_520-8.jpg.4e4f9f54f4b46c16ce21df0b9d3e8266.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

Cool design!

doc724

This is my version of a front dethatcher.  Uses snow blower lift rod and yes, you can put down pressure on it.

image.png.cc9dba2a95c6a2c2b1ec12db63ca7bfd.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Tankman
10 hours ago, doc724 said:

This is my version of a front dethatcher.  Uses snow blower lift rod and yes, you can put down pressure on it.

image.png.cc9dba2a95c6a2c2b1ec12db63ca7bfd.png

I like it! I can see my project taking place now, spring fever's motivating me and the grandsons. Thanks for the post doc724!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Goldnboy

This is only an example of how I like to use john deere for the advantage  of other brands! I am very loyal to "IH" from my 1206, 1456, 826 daily use, and have no love for cub cadet , horses are a next in line. Its not a good day if the torch and welder have been idle...

Goldnboy

I have updated this design, i now use a 3/8" rod with yoke ends in place of a snowblower lift tube

20190330_075814.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Crick
      By Crick
      Original Wheel Horse dump cart wanted, no offense but not another brand with WH decals. 
      thank you
      Crick
    • blu_stang
      By blu_stang
      Hi All, It's time for me to sell the D-250 I've had for the last 8 years.  It’s useable as is, or would be a great project bundle for further restoration.

I am selling a large package: the running tractor, a refurbished snowblower (48”), parts snowblower, mower deck (60”), tiller (40”), front plow blade (60”), Cat 0 3-Point Hitch with adjustable top link, WH 3-Point tool bar, wheel weights and tire chains.  Also included is an extensive part collection, nearly a second tractor worth.  I will include the original manuals, an original 1976 sales brochure, and repair manuals for the tractor and the engine.  I made electronic copes of all of the above, and stored the paper copies to prevent further wear. This is one of the most complete D-250 tractor/attachment bundles I’ve seen.

Some highlights from the available parts: Frame rails, extra engine, water pump, extra transaxle, extra gears, including worm gears (stored in oil bath), Front wheel set, carburetor, carb rebuild kit, rebuildable original radiator, extra radiator overflow bottle, rebuilt alternator, new voltage regulator (I was planning to change over to an alternator setup from the generator), new in package Renault engine seals, new PTO seals, ignition maintenance parts.  There are also many panels, frame pieces, cables, levers, tubes (lines) and hardware in the collection.

The tractor engine runs smooth.  There are around 1050 original hours on it; It’s a 1976 edition.  Everything works, except the dash lights and the rear lights (disconnected b/c of fender).  I just haven't sorted out the wiring, but it is all there.  Headlights are good and working, as are all of the gears and levers.  The four tires are nearly new Carlisle Multi Trac, with nubs still on them.  The rear tires have been filled (ballasted) with Rim Guard for extra traction.  The hydraulic pump, front PTO clutch and brakes operate but could use a tune up.  I’ve used it for mowing and snowblowing on hills, driveway and around my land. I don’t have an original WH seat.  The snowblower was rebuilt a few years back, and assembled with all new hardware and bearings.  The mower deck gearbox was professionally serviced recently, and has a new set of blades with only a half dozen mows.  The rear fender needs a repair, but all pieces are available.  The plow and tiller are due for restoration.  The Points, Condenser and rotor have all been replaced and tuned in.  The battery is good.  I've rebuilt the carb, replaced the fuel pump and changed out the plugs within the last 30 hours.  The replacement radiator is from a Kawasaki engine; it was installed with new hoses. There are also new custom hydraulic hoses and a new hydraulic lift cylinder.

Here's a video of me mowing, this past summer.

Transporting this haul in one trip will require a pickup truck and a large trailer.  

• chompinthebit
      By chompinthebit
      I mostly retreated a picture from the 1961 dealer sales flyer I have that shows a lineup of optional accessories.

the accessories are the suburban fender and tool box option, tombstone weight, stepped foot rests, and seat hinge.

I have not seen another seat hinge like this besides the one I own.

The sign I show in my pic is also the hard to find circa 1961 plastic sales and service sign that is also pictured in the same paperwork.

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      So just picked up a 701, obviously the engine isn't right. I have a 7hp Kohler to put on and will put B&S on my Speedex. Anyone ever seen a post come out on the right from the rock shaft? It rotates with the lift handle and has no holes in it. It was done up well, almost looking factory.

• Alex175
      By Alex175
      So after I purchased my C-195 at the end of last year, and got it up and running smooth, I have decided it's time to start putting it to work.  I've had a handful of projects, including another thread on here where I have received a lot of help in figuring out what I need to convert one of my trailers into a hydraulic dump that will be powered off of the tractor.  I am still waiting for my hydraulic cylinder to be deliver, so in the meantime I've been working on some other projects for the tractor I have affectionately nicknamed "Sloth".

One of my main goals with the C-195 is to get more landscaping done around the property. When I bought my house it was in foreclosure and the previous owner hadn't done much in the way of yard maintenance outside of basic mowing for a few years.  Areas under trees were getting overrun by saplings, especially where the previous homeowner had planted sassafras trees as a sort of privacy fence.  The problem was they had now propagated uncontested and had begun taking over the woods line, and the older trees that had originally been planted for privacy were now so big that all the yearly growth was now at a height of 5+ feet, thereby no longer performing the task they were originally planted for.  

Knowing cleaning this up was going to be my first task, I needed a way to get these saplings out of the ground with relative ease, and getting roots and all.  So my first purchase was a new 3,000 lb winch that I could mount up to the 3 point to pluck the saplings out of the ground.  The picture on the left is of the initial setup after I first got the winch.  After running it a few times, it did the job fantastically, but I found that I hated the original metal cable. My main issue was I would pluck out one sapling, go to the next one, but by the time I had the spool of remaining cable had loosened itself up and created a birds nest.  That and walking back and forth to the tractor between each pull gave it more opportunity to do so, so I decided on a few upgrades (right picture).  First I switched over to a synthetic rope which doesn't have the "memory" a metal cable has, so it doesn't unspool itself.  While I was doing that I also ordered a wireless remote system for the winch, so now plucking out all the damn sassafras trees I have will be a lot quicker.  Got it all set up where none of the electronics are bolted to the tractor, they are all a part of the hitch setup to keep things cleaner, and the tractor unmolested.  Got a quick disconnect cable running back from the battery, so now it's just a matter of hook up the power, and start pulling!

While I was working on the winch, I found two CAT 0 attachments on Facebook Marketplace, having had trouble finding much of anything that is CAT 0 so far for this machine I jumped on them, so now I have a good old plow and disc harrow.  They are real nice, heavy duty steel with a good patina, so now the question is, do I clean them up and throw some red and black paint on them, or do I keep them as they are?  Either way, they look real nice on the back of the beast, and I'm sure they will work really well.

So now I've got these items, and I've got the proper equipment to mount my mower decks and snowblower onto the C-195, I guess it's time to get to work.  But while I am doing that it's also a good time to think of what my next targets are going to be.  I'd love to find a D Series 56" plow, and maybe a grader blade, or....too many options to choose from