Sparky

Round one of this Nor’easter is done!

Jrblanke

Love it! Thanks for the pics!

• Like 1

Tankman

Looks great. Nice Work Horse too.

Did your Horse have the Dial-A-Height? I added one to my Work Horse, easy 'nough.

Didn't like the all gray so did my belt guards Rustoleum Regal Red.

Foot rests I use coarse skateboard grip tape, excellent, inexpensive, hold up very well too.

Horse_Spring.jpg.58c0b04e5d6a071fc39904c8ef9ef012.jpg

• Like 2

Sparky

Thanks! It’s my favorite tractor!

It does have the Dial-a-height setup. This one only plows snow and pulls a trailer so I never use the dial feature.

ebinmaine

Mike, I just went out and measured the snow.

16" and LOTS to go !!!

We were predicted for 18" by tomorrow... oh boy.

Sparky
6 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Mike, I just went out and measured the snow.

16" and LOTS to go !!!

We were predicted for 18" by tomorrow... oh boy.

Well we were lied to as usual 🙄. Weather guys predicted 8”-14” in my area. The snow here stopped and we have a whopping 4”!! Central Connecticut was spared and that’s where I live. Where I work however received the full treatment so fingers crossed for a day off 😱.

DE081E6E-1D11-4607-8A6F-6BA3FFD02653.jpeg

• Like 4

varosd

Snow?  what is that?

SouthCentral PA has got mostly 1-2 inchs at a time.  just dustings to me.  only had the plow out once and I could have waited 1 day and it would have melted, sigh :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

stevebo

We got about 3" here in Western CT. 

• Like 1

stevasaurus

And here I thought you guys were getting some snow...I get out the leaf blower for what you guys got!!!  :)  I remember Nor-Easters when I was stationed in Maine...took 3 days to dig out.   I was doing it by hand back then...and the snow lasted until May.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I was looking for a way to say that Mike.  :occasion-xmas:  Seriously, any snow that you get in March is too much if it is not going to melt the next day.  To have the choice to just enjoy the new snow by looking at it from inside the warm house, knowing it is going to melt in 2 days...or if you have not had enough seat time this winter, and you can get out there and have some fun before it melts...I envy you guys.  On the other hand, those that are without power for days and are looking at another round...my heart is out there for you.  I have been there, I know what it is like, and it is something you never forget.  God Speed to you all...my prayers with you. 

• Like 4

ericj

On the news tonight, it's the 25th anniversary of the blizzard of 93, I had to shovel everything back then, of coarse I was 25 years younger then, I was living in a rental duplex in Dallastown, so I didn't own any wheel horses or a walk behind snowblower back then either. 

I didn't by my house till the end May, after the blizzard of 96. So I had to shovel that one also. Neighbor told me after I moved in that the township didn't plow out the development till 3 day after. He said that the neighbors all got together and cleaned the road out in front of my house and a couple of others, not sure but I don't think they opened up to the main road. He also said that the people with the snowblowers didn't have enough gas but the other neighbors used their gas for the good of the development.  I've been ready for one like that ever since I got my 2 stage blower on the 520, but I've learned to watch what I wish for over the last several years as I get older :ROTF:

eric j

• Like 2

BIGMIKE

Awesome Horse. Love the 2-tone paint scheme. Blizzard of '93. Wifey and I were just talking about that yesterday. 36" of snow and drifts higher. No blowers or plows then either. Took 3 people all day to shovel 110' driveway. I didn't get to work until Wednesday. They finally cleared our road with a bulldozer! Today I did 7" of snow, 500' of driveway with the 416-H and thrower in 2 hours. Gotta love it.

Mike in Brackney

• Like 4

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

And here I thought you guys were getting some snow...I get out the leaf blower for what you guys got!!!  :)  I remember Nor-Easters when I was stationed in Maine...took 3 days to dig out.   I was doing it by hand back then...and the snow lasted until May.  :occasion-xmas:

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

I bet you shoveled uphill both ways eh Steve? :ychain:

Kinda feels like it tonight....

My honey and I just went out and "preliminarily snowblowed" until tomorrow morning. 

19 - 20 inches out there now and going strong. 

Wow.

• Like 5

Sparky

Got it easy here...just went out and did a final “scrape” before bed. Maybe 1.5” of new stuff.

5207D0A5-753D-442A-9549-2AD26EDEF3F5.jpeg

• Like 7

c-series don

National weather service has my hometown at 16" and I can tell you guys that might be a conservative estimate. I just got done plowing for 13 hours. 

• Like 5

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, c-series don said:

National weather service has my hometown at 16" and I can tell you guys that might be a conservative estimate. I just got done plowing for 13 hours. 

Let us know you're total. 

I'll measure my driveway this morning but it's in for another 2 - 3 today  .... wow,wow,wow.

squonk
8 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

This is 1978 with the 857 and sno-blower which I still have...this is snow!!   Testament to an 8hp Kohler and a single stage blower.  :occasion-xmas:

scan0006.jpg

How'd you get that tractor on top of the ladder for the first pass? :confusion-confused: Must have been quite tipsy! :occasion-xmas:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine

Measurements of last night and this morning add up to just about 24in and still snowing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  :wwp:

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, squonk said:

How'd you get that tractor on top of the ladder for the first pass? :confusion-confused: Must have been quite tipsy! :occasion-xmas:

That's the very rare NOS 857ldr-roof-a-matic.snw.rmvr... It was a WH prototype designed exclusively for large snow events to help with roof clearing using :wh: blowers.

It was discontinued due to liability concerns for exactly the reason Squonk notes: they became "quite tipsy"...But the WH lawyers were referring to the :wh: driver after hours of plowing and the typical use of hot toddies to assist the operator - not the stability of the tractor... :occasion-xmas:

:ROTF:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

I'll have my honey take a few when we get home and it's daylight.

• Like 1

953 nut
29 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

they became "quite tipsy"...But the WH lawyers were referring to the :wh: driver after hours of plowing and the typical use of hot toddies to assist the operator - not the stability of the tractor.

Good one Jim, you are on it this morning!       :ROTF:

• Like 2

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Here's one of the wood box beside our fire pit. 

To give proper scale,  it's about 30" wide. Maybe 5 feet tall. 

More later on. ..

IMG952018031495070444140.jpg.08c706e4a367d7701425656a2304589f.jpg

Just to the right of above pic:

IMG952018031495070434024.jpg.035d707fb8e814f3db7cf47d53200341.jpg

Edited by ebinmaine
Added second pic
  • Like 6