pfrederi

Going to be some serious seat time in a few weeks

pfrederi

with this...These recent storms coming with the ground not being frozen between me plowing a gravel drive and the township plowing a dirt road the sweepster is going to get a work out.

IMG_0122.JPG

IMG_1632.JPG

• Like 9

squonk

State HW Dept. has been widening their road for years. I’ll probably spend a day with the Yard Boss throwing all the busted up pavement, rocks. car parts etc. back out to the middle of the road. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

ebinmaine

Hey Mike? I'm not sure if this had occurred to you yet but there might be some people that would frown on you throwing car parts in particular back into the road.

:ph34r:

Perhaps you should make that a night time activity?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

squonk
52 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Hey Mike? I'm not sure if this had occurred to you yet but there might be some people that would frown on you throwing car parts in particular back into the road.

:ph34r:

Perhaps you should make that a night time activity?

Why not? It’s their cars! :) I will draw the line on Red Bull cans and McDonalds bags though. :think:

• Haha 3

richmondred01

Nice fabrication job.

• Like 1

Sarge

A sweeper broom has been on my list for years but they rarely come up for sale. A buddy finally got mad and bought his own to fit the recently acquired Kubota 2660 - it does a pretty good job but we need to modify the caster setup for a finer adjustment. The way Kubota built theirs it seems either too high or far too low, but it does save a lot of work. This time of year, if I can get days that are dry enough the blade on the D works great to gently remove rock and debris from the grass areas and put it back were it belongs . If I'm not careful, it just removes the sod and transplants that into the parking lot, which becomes a real problem trying to clean that up and not create a mud hole in the rock parking lot.

One of the best mods to a broom I've seen yet was someone used a very small (500lbs?) trailer jack that was pretty short on each side of the broom's housing - very nice way to get infinite adjustment. I suppose if a guy had the time/funds you could design a way to use a pair of linear actuators and make it electric, including controls from the seat....lol.

Sarge

• Like 2

c-series don

I have that exact same broom. Sweepster model C-48. I searched for a couple of years to find a good one that was made to fit a C-series. Although I don't use it a lot it does come in handy for getting rocks out of the grass. I also sweep my asphalt drive with it occasionally(I've found its faster with a blower) It's great for de thatching grass as well. I feel that if it angled I would use it more though. 

• Like 1

pfrederi
1 minute ago, c-series don said:

I have that exact same broom. Sweepster model C-48. I searched for a couple of years to find a good one that was made to fit a C-series. Although I don't use it a lot it does come in handy for getting rocks out of the grass. I also sweep my asphalt drive with it occasionally(I've found its faster with a blower) It's great for de thatching grass as well. I feel that if it angled I would use it more though. 

Do you leave yours permanently mounted?  I do now as it was such a PIA to get it mounted.  Did you add any casters?  I like mine but the tires are cheap Chinese junk and go flat on me frequently...

c-series don

Mine is permanently mounted to my C-141 8-speed with cab. I put the broom on and never took it off!!  I have not added caster wheels yet, however it's definitely on my to do list. The cab has come in handy in certain situations when using the broom!!! 

pfrederi
1 hour ago, c-series don said:

Mine is permanently mounted to my C-141 8-speed with cab. I put the broom on and never took it off!!  I have not added caster wheels yet, however it's definitely on my to do list. The cab has come in handy in certain situations when using the broom!!! 

Being hit in the face with now is one thing...pebbles dirt and rocks something else.  I have to wait for wind shift to do the other side if the drive.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

squonk

Had some nice weather and no overtime today so I thought I'd start a little yard reclaim job. NYSDOT has been trying for years to put in an extra lane during the winter. This year has been the worst in the 30 yrs I've lived here. I know  it may snow again so I didn't get too carried away with the C-160. Just made 1 pass. No car parts or cans were found so that's surprising! :) I'll probably catch hell for dozing on their property. NOTICE MY "NICE " STREET! :occasion-xmas:This is a major highway and it hasn't been paved since I've been here! :rolleyes:

5ab56f249049a_dirt002.JPG.f649d36aa541ad7d87fa7ce9da656ef0.JPG  5ab56f2a668b0_dirt003.JPG.b291096d2c75bf6d5472aa605ecf3254.JPG

5ab56f33a20c9_dirt004.JPG.f12123a57ba46db92aeac7cbb0af6dc7.JPG

5ab56f3b08190_dirt005.JPG.55d102fee430ce6884ac2e0e635d826f.JPG

5ab56f418a20d_dirt006.JPG.69a9f654fa17926ff65d94d5f95eebbe.JPG

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3

richmondred01

Nice one of the heaviest taxed states in the union and they can pave a street for a year.....go figure. 

• Like 1

squonk

When I moved in in 88 I was told they were going to put in curbs,storm drains, water lines,and sidewalks. 30 yrs. and still waiting! :rolleyes:

richmondred01

I’m sure the tax money was redirected to a worthwhile cause like research on how fast moss grows on tree bark. 

• Like 2

953 nut
1 hour ago, richmondred01 said:

I’m sure the tax money was redirected to a worthwhile cause like research on how fast moss grows on tree bark. 

:hide:                           :text-offtopic:       One of my high school classmates was a roommate of a NY State Senator's daughter. Each summer she had a "JOB" with the Empire State doing an ":Urban Tree Inventory". Had a state car, no supervision and surveyed the same area three consecutive years, pay was good too!

If we knew how much of our tax money is being totally wasted we would have to be on suicide watch.

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

You'll be real  easy to see.........just look for the dust cloud.Nice power broom.Make sure you have a good air filter on that C-175.Maybe a dust mask for you too.

• Like 1

Sarge

The whole country looks like that, no surprise since Congress forgothow to write a Highway bill...

Your damage is minor  - come to Illinois and you'd have to use a bulldozer.

Broom looks like it did a good job. Grateful my buddy got his Kubota tractor and broom, saved me a ton of work this spring. Got a blizzard here today,  we may have to do it again...ugh.

Sarge