Sign in to follow this  
The Gman

Out with the 800 in with the 120

The Gman

Finished up work on the A800 ranger. Time to figure out the c120.

The ranger got;

Complete rewire. 👍

New points.👍

Re-timed and a new head gasket.👍

Carb rebuild. 👍

Full service. 👍

My daughter is gonna use it this year. She has just under 1/2 an acre to cut.

Now the challenge is the c120. Picked this up in Jan. Price was right and I was really just after the motor but the rest of it just had to come home too. Not sure if it's all there but the fun will be in finding out. So far I figure a broken clutch pedal and one rotted tire. The po had already taken it apart to restore but other things got in the way. The motor is stout and roars like a tiger.

I'm  gonna put it all back together first...... fix what I find then tear down to restore. :music-rockon:

It's the transmission I don't know about. Po said it works fine......... Hmmmmm.

Don't know much about them at the moment but "forum" research ans help here I come!!!

Transaxle oil is low but clean and the tow valve doesn't look like it's been loosened for a while. The frame sat outside for a year.

Thought I might change the oil and run it with an electric motor to see?????

The axles are free and smooth.

Anything I should be careful of?????

20180310_131715.jpg

20180310_131749.jpg

20180310_131737.jpg

20180310_131942.jpg

20180310_131911.jpg

20180310_131958.jpg

20180310_132035.jpg

20180310_132014.jpg

20180310_132645.jpg

20180309_162128.jpg

pfrederi

It is a piston to piston Sundstrand at least there are some things you can do to fix them up.and some parts are available if needed.  The older hydro gear units were pretty much repair by replacement.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Chuck14025
      By Chuck14025
      C120, 1974/75 
      I added braces and shims to the rear end of the frame to beef up the cracked existing 'frame to transmission bracket'. Now, the parking brake does not engage. 
      The shims are about 1/8" and have to stay on. 
      Is there a way to adjust the parking brake?
    • The Gman
      By The Gman
      Help time please....
      The k301 for my c120 (bought the tractor literally in pieces but all there I think???? ) is missing the fuel pump. I've check the engine out with the ol  intravenous method and its . Ebay will sell you one for anywhere from $20 - $160. I know you get what you pay for but....... really?????
      Isave tractors has one in the $50 range. Any experience with the plethora  (is that really a word??) of 301 pumps out there?
    • Team70R
      By Team70R
      I've got a c120 8 speed that started it's life as a work horse 800. I'm having a hard time finding the correct belt and getting the belt guard  to fit. Did the real C120 have a different belt guard than the 800?
    • JoeB
      By JoeB
      Good morning,
      This is my first post.  Several years ago I bought a c120 auto and have used it to mow and snowplow with great success.  The other night in the midst of a snow storm I was in a hurry to get going, and didn't check the oil and didn't give the engine enough time to warm up.  Result seems to be a broken connecting rod, since it cranks now much faster than it did before and won't start when it was a terrific starter before.
      So I'm looking for ways to repair the damage I've done.  I really love the tractor, comparing it to modern ones that feel like tin foil convinces me that I want to fix this iron horse.
      I am in southwest Michigan, and looking for help.
      thanks in advance.

• Team70R
      By Team70R
      Just scored what I believe to be a c120. But I'm not sure. It has the 3 speed unidrive, which I know is incorrect. Not sure if it's been swapped or if something else is out of place. It looks the serial number plate was stamped twice!?