Mjh

520H fuse block

Mjh

want to replace fuse block on 1995 520H. With inline fuse holders. Any how to photos would be greatly appreciated.

cleat

Here is the wire diagram.

Later model 520 wire diagram.pdf

It shows the 3 fuses, how they are wired and the wire colours.

I personally wire from the voltage regulator straight down to the starter motor solenoid battery cable with the 30A inline fuse.

Fuse holder is down by the solenoid.

You will then only have 2 (15A and 25A) fuse holders up where they are now.

That takes a large load off of the 9 pin connector.

Wheel Horse did this on the early 520's, unsure why they changed for the later ones.

Any more questions just ask.

Cleat

Edited by cleat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mjh

I bought this new. Never a problem till around 1000 hrs. Then it started cutting off and no power to anything. Then it would run fine for a while. So far I've replaced ignition coil voltage regulator stator & ring low oil pressure switch ignition switch condenser. Got it back together and decided to eliminate fuse block with inline fuses. Done that yesterday. Installed a new Duracell 350 cca battery. Guess what? No power??? Gauges are all dead? Think I may have the 2 red wires reversed on fuses?

IMG_0791.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

WVHillbilly520H

Wonder if it's just the 9pin molex harness connection that's gave up the ghost and was not the fuse block, as the anniversary 520H I bought new as well as the 2 used ones I just cut out the molex connection and replaced with "bullet" connectors (so if I ever need to pull the engine I can easily disconnect/reconnect) packed with diecltric grease and taped off to keep dust and moisture out and never replaced the fuse block, no problems since, Jeff.

IMAG2081.jpg

IMAG2134.jpg

Mjh

Ok thanks for reply.... I did notice when replaced ignition module behind flywheel. That the wire connector fell off red wire when disconnected it. Apparently was only held on by plastic wire coating?

Mjh

Ok back again... if I touch the red wire from ignition switch to hot side of battery I get dash & head lights. Can't seem to get power from battery to switch any other way? Guess I'll get new fuse block and put it back to original? 

Mjh

Ok so decided to install a new pre wired fuse block. I used male to female connectors so easy to replace if need to. Also used heat shrink tubing on connections to help keep moisture out. Got everything back original. Gave a little choke hit key and it fired right up. Let it run at about 1/2 throttle for about 30 minutes. Cut it off. Tried to restart with only a quick turn and release of key and it's running 🏃.... this is unrelated but I run Amsoil full synthetic in engine and transmission. Also use Amsoil fuel system cleaner think it's called quick shot. Use ngk bkr7e plugs. This think runs like champ on all the above. Have never had heads off. Only run ethanol free at least 89 octane. Anyone having fuel system problems should go to Amsoil.com read quick shot reviews. This is an amazing product that does what it claims. I run Amsoil in everything I own. With great results....👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Excellent 1

lynnmor

Consider buying a cover for that fuse block from a vendor on this site.

Mjh

Yeah I could put a cover on it but that wouldn't keep dust from entering the bottom. I just occasionally pull fuses and hit it with 120 psi air hose. That has worked for me. 

Mjh

Here's two products I've been running in my 520H. Has never run better than since using this 22E42934-C864-46F3-B792-5EE8B51D101B-419-0000005C03E0DC3D.png.ae2c2ea276c1e0b32c2d96e1080afa04.png

77E77CB9-CE54-42A6-A18C-2DA8CDFEE1EF-419-0000005B996C4F3D.jpeg