Sign in to follow this  
Macgyver

D 180 need information

Macgyver

I stumbled on a true barn find among the 8 tractors there are 2 D 180s one is a 1974 the other is 1975 or 76 they are intact but not running and no history. Are they worth anything and how much? They are in a barn and out of the weather. There is also a C160 and an 89 520H

pacer

The "Big D's" are sort of an .... anomaly? some of us - like me, I've got 3 - really LOVE them and others .... not so much!  (course this is true for the black hoods too) They are a good bit different from the other horses, big and robust and, well, tough looking! They are prone to quirks, the hyd drive can be a problem, the steering box is weak and turning radius is -- well you need a good bit of room, the seat is too close to the steering wheel, (the gas tank is in the way). But with the 3 point hitch and PTO it is one versatile tractor and is super strong pulling. The big Kohler twin is a fantastic engine (tho parts are getting scarce - but, arent they all)

Sarge

The D can be a great tractor but doesn't take well to abuse like the other models. The big Kohler twin is one of the best small engines ever built,  period.

Where are you located?

My current D was also a barn find and not in very good condition at the time.

Sarge