grinchsr

Kubota Forum

grinchsr

I am about to purchase a G5200 garden tractor.  I am looking for the Red Square of the Kubota world which means I am looking for good knowledgeable people.  Do any Kubota owners here know of a forum like that?

WVHillbilly520H

Orange tractor talks (Kubota), My Tractor forum (all brands) are 2 that seems to pop when I search for compact tractor things, but I own a Kioti and a Mahindra so take it as you will, Good luck with the little orange rig, Jeff.

nylyon

Can always start Orange Square!

• Haha 2

shallowwatersailor
1 hour ago, grinchsr said:

I am about to purchase a G5200 garden tractor.  I am looking for the Red Square of the Kubota world which means I am looking for good knowledgeable people.  Do any Kubota owners here know of a forum like that?

Here you go. Not sure if there is much on the G-series.  

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 1

grinchsr

I won't be converting to orange.  I love these red ones too much I just can not pass this one up.  I will put it behind the red ones in the shed. :wh:

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Horses are friendly to other critters that pull there share of the load.  Just put it to work!

• Like 2

Cvans

I am about to purchase a G5200 garden tractor. 

If it's in good shape you won't be sorry. I have had 3 of the G series Kubota tractors and they are very frugal on fuel usage. The steering gears are the week spot but easy to fix. The decks are worth gold so take care of yours. Implements are hard to come by as the tractors are getting older. Parts are available through the dealers yet. Keep the radiator screen clean or it will want to over heat. Take out and clean after each use. 

Do not put a loader on one of these unless you want to break axles. Been there and done that. 

I have the factory parts and service manuals if you need any information.

Enjoy your new purchase.

Edited by Cvans

grinchsr

Thanks Cvans.  I don't have the machine yet but from reading about it I am going to enjoy it.  It only has 800 hours on it so it has plenty of life left.

WVHillbilly520H

Looks like this one forsale near me on CL...only if Toro would have taken the xi series in this direction...:think:

Screenshot_20180309-164424.png

Screenshot_20180309-164402.png

Screenshot_20180309-164317.png

grinchsr

Is that the machine you broke the front spindles on?  It sounds like the front axles are only 3/4 inch

shallowwatersailor
4 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Looks like this one forsale near me on CL...only if Toro would have taken the xi series in this direction...:think:

Screenshot_20180309-164424.png

Screenshot_20180309-164402.png

Screenshot_20180309-164317.png

I had a conversation onetime with the Kubota dealer whom I bought my Stihl equipment from. It seems they are a niche product.  He had a customer that bought a G2100 from him and soon after traded it on a BX. Brand new they are too close in price to the small BX to be worthwhile. It has a complicated 4wd drive system using cables for the Glide Steer system, and when the trans goes it is an expensive parts tractor.

Edited by shallowwatersailor

WVHillbilly520H
2 minutes ago, shallowwatersailor said:

I had a conversation onetime with the Kubota dealer whom I bought my Stihl equipment from. It seems they are a niche product.  He had a customer that bought one from him and soon after traded it on a BX. Brand new they are too close in price to the small BX to be worthwhile.

Basically what killed the biggest portion of the true L&G market (IE the xi series, CCC supers, ect).

• Like 1

Cvans
3 hours ago, grinchsr said:

Is that the machine you broke the front spindles on?  It sounds like the front axles are only 3/4 inch

It was the rear axles not the front spindles. I believe that installing the duals and counter weight caused the axles to flex and break. They were clean breaks and showed no indications of having been twisted. The axles extend out past the axle bearings quite a ways. 

Sarge

A buddy just traded a newer large CC he got cheap for a BX2660. In comparison to the models above I'd be saving up and hunting one of those heavier built models. Seems there are a lot more BX series out there and this one is a 2011 with only 500hrs on it - looks new and other than the common pump whine runs perfectly. I'm not really familiar with the Kubota models but for the price range they are far tougher than the other brands' comparable machines.

Sarge

shallowwatersailor

Kubota literally makes it cheaper (and easier) to buy a new BX with the current 0% interest than a good used one using a personal note. Currently they are offering a BX1880 with a 48" deck for $99.00 per month for 84 months. A FEL is $30.00 more.

WVHillbilly520H

Be careful with the BX series some of the smaller ones use cast aluminum transaxles vs cast iron like in my Mahindra eMax,Jeff.