Rideawaysenior

44in 2 Stage Blower parts questions

Rideawaysenior

So, heavy wet snow today is right.  I had my 2 stage blower hooked to my 416-8 and I worked the hell out of that tractor today.  So much so that the rebuild I was planning for the summer will be happening this weekend.  It appears as the drive sprockets, chain and tensioner need to be replaced.  The parts are available from Toro however some are back ordered.  Has anyone used any different suppliers?  

I usually use a 40HP Massey Ferguson with a rear mounted blower and nothing throws snow like a diesel but I gotta say that 416 with the 44in is amazing. So much so, I want it ready for the next storm.  

Thanks all,

Jack  

Kurt-NEPA

What parts do you need?   The bearings, sprockets, and chain are generic.  Look into McMaster-Carr.  The tensioner is a little different,  it can be replaced with an idler sprocket with a little improvisation.

WVHillbilly520H

@Rideawaysenior, Partstree.com, Jacks Small Engines, RPC.com, eBay, who ever is the cheapest has the parts in stock , just use Google "TORO part # xxxxxxx" and it usually pops up all the above and more, if just the chain and sprockets use the Big Bearing Store.com or TSC/Rual King stores. Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2

Rideawaysenior

WVhillbilly, thanks for the response. I did that, I should have been a little more direct. I was more curious to see if they were Toro proprietary just like the carrier bearing in the transmissions. 

I googled the parts and found all but one that's backordered. I'm going to see if I can get them off the machine tomorrow and go to a local driveline supply shop and see of he can hook me up. Now that I know they are all off the shelf parts except the tensioner, I should be good to go. 

Jack

Forest Road

Several guys have replaced the bushings on left and right side of auger w greasable carrier bearings. 

The chain tensioning block can easily be replaced w a small chain sprocket. 

When I get done using mine I soak the chain w wd40 followed by some chainsaw bar oil, motor oil or whatever I have on hand. 

Don’t hesitate to change the chain. A worn stretched chain will destroy your sprockets      

I change it it out every other year. They’re cheap

• Like 1

scott willey

get me part numbers I may have what you need I stock a lot of old wheel horse parts.

• Like 1

Rideawaysenior

Scott Willey,

Sent you a message to your in box with the part numbers. 

Jack