JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Wednesday, wet, heavy, slop vs the C-175

Ed Kennell

:text-coolphotos:

Some guys have all the luck.  I can almost see Mike grinning behind the face mask.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
25 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

:text-coolphotos:

Some guys have all the luck.  I can almost see Mike grinning behind the face mask.

Thanks Ed. He luvs that horse. He made me promise ti do a tear down refresh on it this summer after we move. Good thing our new driveway can hold 4 volkswagons parked in it......:lol:.

Mikes still out there, wont come in. Dads inside where its warm.

Glenn

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Sparky

Great pics! I remember when my son and I each had a plow machine set-up and we would tag team the driveway. He has moved out and now lives 45 minutes away with his sweetie in a condo. I really miss those times...enjoy every minute of it Glenn!

• Like 1

Buzz

Down in South Jersey we only got about 2" but it was a couple of degrees above freezing so it was like pushing a giant Slurpee.

image.jpeg.32fb509e40d4b022987d4ab48acbae65.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Tankman

Just south of Allentown, PA, 10+ inches of heavy wet snow. Mostly wet cold slush.

The '90 520-8 shoved the junque off the driveways. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Boys have their own Horses and homes, the seat time was all mine. :ROTF:

• Like 1

WHNJ701

just east of Allentown we got about 6" of mush, melted as fast as came down, started around 130, was looking forward to a good snow oh well, we all had day off, no machines brought out other than the kids 4 wheelers which wasn't even that great in the slop

• Like 1

r356c

Fourth pic down on that last set needs to be in the calendar selection short list group for sure...

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:

For sure a March 2019 calendar shot.

• Like 1

richmondred01

Looks like that’s c175 is making that job look easy.

great pictures. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

Looks like that C175 needs a wider plow to play with... though that might cut down on seat time!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Am I seeing a rubber scraper on the blade Glenn?      If so, any details on material, efficiency, etc.?

• Like 1

cpete1

Thursday, 14" when I started.

DSC00589.JPG

DSC00587.JPG

• Like 4

Wishin4a416

Some guys have all the fun! Bare here but calling for 2-4 tonight.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
6 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Am I seeing a rubber scraper on the blade Glenn?      If so, any details on material, efficiency, etc.?

Ed, very observant. Yes it is a rubber scraper blade. The material is unknown to me, I will get you soms close up pictures. Seems maybe it was a mat of some sort. When I bought the blade the original owner said he put it on a few years back, maybe 5 or 6. It wears very very well, and considering the age and condition of my asphalt driveway. Frankly I thought it would be shot. But not so. It also works/cleans VERY well, barely shows additional wear on it. My driveway has the trees roots under, various patches and wear spots, thats why I thought it would be eaten up. I prefer it over the metal scraper bar. 

Glenn

• Like 1

DougC

Lets all  pitch in a few bucks and get Glenn a cab.......... It's time.......... I pledge one dollar to get the fund started.  :thumbs2:

• Like 1

pfrederi
24 minutes ago, DougC said:

Lets all  pitch in a few bucks and get Glenn a cab.......... It's time.......... I pledge one dollar to get the fund started.  :thumbs2:

Real men do not use cabs

Charger blowing.JPG

• Like 6

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 hour ago, DougC said:

I dont need a cab. Thats Mike on his tractor, hes young and needs to get toughened up.    :lol:

Glenn

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Ed, very observant. Yes it is a rubber scraper blade. The material is unknown to me, I will get you soms close up pictures. Seems maybe it was a mat of some sort. When I bought the blade the original owner said he put it on a few years back, maybe 5 or 6. It wears very very well, and considering the age and condition of my asphalt driveway. Frankly I thought it would be shot. But not so. It also works/cleans VERY well, barely shows additional wear on it. My driveway has the trees roots under, various patches and wear spots, thats why I thought it would be eaten up. I prefer it over the metal scraper bar. 

Glenn

Thanks Glenn,  I have a 4 X 3/8 X 48"  piece of corded rubber that I could put on my blade but I was afraid if I would just sandwich it between the existing scraper bar and the blade itself, it may bend back due to too much overhang.   It looks like that is how yours is installed though.  I was thinking I would get another piece of steel and mount the rubber scraper in front of the steel scraper, but if yours works OK maybe I'll try it behind the scraper bar.   But then with the lack of snow we have been getting, it may be several years before I could test it.

If you get a chance. a close up end view of the scraper bar assembly would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Rugerhound

Every time I see photos like this, I'm reminded why I moved to Arizona!  ;)   I grew up in the northeast, so those photos are familiar ground to me.  

• Like 2

BIGMIKE

The C-175 is a great looking machine. It's the fins on the hood I think. Stylish. We got about 5" of slush here in Beautiful downtown Brackney. No thunder though. Nice driveway.

Mike

• Like 1

608KEB
8 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Real men do not use cabs

Charger blowing.JPG

Until the snow blows in your face for a hour at 0 degrees. Throw in 30 m.p.h. wind too!🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

stevebo

I did mine in my pajama bottoms and a coat sitting in the cab:ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ed Kennell
23 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Real men do not use cabs

Charger blowing.JPG

Nuther  winter calendar shot there Paul.   Is it legal to have that much fun up there in the Catskills?  :)

Maybe Wheel Horse should include the hat and gloves as required items in their snow blower installation kits.

I just got back from my local Toro dealer where I got the last remaining official Wheel Horse Snow Blower attire.

Now If I can get this cab off this 520 I should be qualified to join the Pau's  @pfrederi real man's cabless blower club.

Any you sissies with heated cabs wanna join, get them cabs off.

IMG_0010.JPG.bef74e0dc6f162cb42621fafbb08a05f.JPG

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1