hcminis

Wheel Horse RJ

hcminis

Super excited to get the mail today. Waiting for my gas tank.  Then just need tires which Pat Stair has rears for me.

20180421_094036.jpg

20180421_094045.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

hcminis
On 4/21/2018 at 6:02 AM, new2horses said:

You can use a Carter or Carter clone for a carb, I bought one off that web site, think Chuck keeps them too. The gas tank will be a little tougher.

What website?  I need a carburetor.  Can't get this little Clinton ro run.  It was running but now just fires every once in a while

953 nut
3 hours ago, hcminis said:

What website?

:techie-ebay:

• Like 1

WHX??

Word of warning HC I got one of the 15 dollar carbs for one of my 1290s and it does not fit. Well it does fit but the bowl hits the breather so it doesn't seat on the studs. A stack of gaskets or a spacer would work. Put it on  a K 91 and fit and runs great. I know a guy in Idaho that has carb kits if needed. Check the points and replace the condenser right away while your in ther.Everthing is behind the flywheel ala  vintage Briggs on these gems.

DennisThornton
On 3/16/2018 at 7:37 PM, hcminis said:

No....probably weld them up.

Consider soldering.  Hate to warp that hood now. 

• Like 1

hcminis
13 hours ago, WHX17 said:

Word of warning HC I got one of the 15 dollar carbs for one of my 1290s and it does not fit. Well it does fit but the bowl hits the breather so it doesn't seat on the studs. A stack of gaskets or a spacer would work. Put it on  a K 91 and fit and runs great. I know a guy in Idaho that has carb kits if needed. Check the points and replace the condenser right away while your in ther.Everthing is behind the flywheel ala  vintage Briggs on these gems.

well crap....learn something every day.  Didn't know they were behind fly wheel.  That might be a challenge to get fly wheel off.  I would like the gentleman from Idaho number please...or email. 

Thank you

WHX??

Your welcome

PM sent... yeah behind the flywheel I'm afraid , makes it hard to tweak the points either side of .020 for best performance.

Flywheel comes off easy with the right puller.

• Like 1