leachy

For some reason my coil has burnt out on my Wheel Horse 518H Onan 2 cylinder unit. I have just bought the unit second hand and its been in a field for a couple of years. There is no start on the key switch so not sure where that is but when powering up the ignition the col burnt out. I cannot see this type of clamp down wasted coil for sale anywhere have they replaced it with something else???. What is the easiest way to wire it up for ignition and starter system?

rmaynard

:WRS:  All sorts of Onan coils, new and used on eBay. Download the manual for your tractor from our files section for wiring help. You might also want to get the proper ignition switch as well. 

KC9KAS

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

leachy

When you say ignition switch what do you mean A key switch?

leachy

Gents How do I change the ignition triggering device on the flywheel. It does not look easy too get at. Also what is the ressitance Ohms reading I should be getting from the triggering device. Does it change as I rotate the engine?

WVHillbilly520H

@leachy, You will need to pull the engine tins (flywheel shroud ect) then using a puller such as an automotive harmonic balancer puller to remove the flywheel itself (after loosening the main nut/bolt holding it to the crankshaft) and there it be there are actually 2 parts that SHOULD be changed while you have it apart $ well spent the first time apart and you don't have to pull it apart again the trigger ring and ignition module, Jeff.

15220972384184659730006581739895.jpg

15220972520806729720822505246614.jpg

IMAG2137.jpg

IMAG2138.jpg

• Like 1

leachy

Hey thanks Geoff Do you have the Part Numbers for the trigger ring and ignition module?

leachy

Don't suppose you know where I can buy these??