brett240

Kimball Hauler dimensions?

brett240

Hi!

So I'm new to the whole forum thing. My apologies if this is in the wrong place. I'll get to the point. I just picked up an old Heald hauler and after doing some googling I came across the Kimball haulers. I really like the Jeep look they have and since the hauler is in rough shape I was thinking about modifying the body to look like the Kimball Hauler. Does anyone have any kind of dimensions on those? There's not much on the web about them. I cruised though the powertec website but couldn't really find anything on it. Let me know what you think....thinking of doing a build thread on it if I decide to do it. Main reason is for the kids. I always wanted something like that as a child and I know they would love it when I'm done.

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Those things are cool looking! Did not know anything about them until your post...Googled a pic - Very nice!

Perhaps some of the guys will chime in with details...

• Thanks 1

953 nut

:WRS:            If you were referring to the Palomino I think @Jjohnny1 has one. Send him a PM.

Image result for palomino tractor

• Like 3

brett240
20 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:            If you were referring to the Palomino I think @Jjohnny1 has one. Send him a PM.

No I love those things but it's not the same utv. I will bump him though. thanks for the welcome!

• Like 1

ronwh

You might check with Bowtieguy, he has a nice one. 

Ron

• Like 1

cafoose

image.png.a615dbf98cf2aa608ed563523b6a751a.pngimage.png.5a406cc2647624fb57e3d62551c7c484.png

Is this it?

brett240
7 minutes ago, cafoose said:

image.png.a615dbf98cf2aa608ed563523b6a751a.pngimage.png.5a406cc2647624fb57e3d62551c7c484.png

Is this it?

Yes that's it! Would you mind giving me the dimensions of the front fenders / hood? I'd very much appreciate it

cafoose

image.png.2abb60d01dfc3576dd0863fe0b2f4cea.pngimage.png.6560f7df620e6cf0035cbbbb9736af9c.png

I guess this is it sorry last post was the Kimball hauler this should be the Heald hauler

image.png

Edited by cafoose

brett240
1 minute ago, cafoose said:

image.png.2abb60d01dfc3576dd0863fe0b2f4cea.pngimage.png.6560f7df620e6cf0035cbbbb9736af9c.png

I guess this is it sorry last post was the Kimball hauler this should be the Heald hauler

image.png

That's just like the one I've got. I love the Jeep look but tonight my wife told me she likes the way it is now....🙄🙄🙄  Jeez

• Haha 1

cafoose
2 minutes ago, brett240 said:
10 minutes ago, cafoose said:

Yes that's it! Would you mind giving me the dimensions of the front fenders / hood? I'd very much appreciate it

I don't have one I just googled it to see what it looks like that's just pictures off the internet

brett240
3 hours ago, ronwh said:

You might check with Bowtieguy, he has a nice one. 

Ron

Sending him a IM now. Thank you

cpete1

Years ago, my father had one. Couldn't depend on it, the transaxle had a drift pin arrangement that kept breaking on uneven ground. Axles would turn inside the socket and not move. My father had health issues and we bought it for him to get around. Was a kit you put together. We gave up on the thing after much effort to resolve the pin problem.

ebinmaine

Hi Brett.

I don't have any pics or info to offer.

Just chiming in to follow the thread and say  :text-welcomeconfetti:

Super cool machines those are!

We'd love to see some :text-coolphotos: of your own rig!!!

Edited by ebinmaine

brett240

Thank you ebinmaine, I've been reading the forums for years and finally had a need I couldn't find on one so I thought what the heck it's about time

KC9KAS

Bdboyz11

I just picked me up a kimball hauler. Would like to find a repair manual or any literature on this thing if anyone has something. Much appreciated, thanks..

Not sure if you ever got the dimensions you were looking for but I could supply you with those.

37DD29C1-62BF-441E-B282-76730609CB8E.jpeg

C1F8FB80-3633-4196-8FBD-A048D426F113.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

brett240

Man that's a good looking hauler. I appreciate the help with the dimensions. I'll send you exactly what I'm looking for when I get back to my PC tomorrow. V I'm on the road today. Did yours have the Briggs in it? I'm thinking of converting mine over to the atv setup my son's 4whlr has on it.

Bdboyz11

Ya it has Briggs vtwin

Bdboyz11

Anyone have a copy or now where I can get a copy of a Kimball Hauler manual. And does anyone no what size drive belt this thing takes no matter what belt I use just keeps slipping, thanks....

ssiron
On 6/2/2018 at 6:09 PM, Bdboyz11 said:

Anyone have a copy or now where I can get a copy of a Kimball Hauler manual. And does anyone no what size drive belt this thing takes no matter what belt I use just keeps slipping, thanks....

I haven't ever seen a manual for one of these and I bought it from the original owner. He had a lot of information but no manual. wish I had tried to get one from .Ron before he closed. Try Belt palace for a belt, Ron gave him a lot of parts sources. The belt # is 203-036 from there. Make sure you get a kevlar belt as the power torque converter arrangement is hard on belts.

Edited by ssiron
added info

ssiron
1 hour ago, ssiron said:

I haven't ever seen a manual for one of these and I bought it from the original owner. He had a lot of information but no manual. wish I had tried to get one from .Ron before he closed. Try Belt palace for a belt, Ron gave him a lot of parts sources. The belt # is 203-036 from there. Make sure you get a kevlar belt as the power torque converter arrangement is hard on belts.

Don't know if I can do this but if so try this: lots of information here about these and other of the Heald machines. Ron Kimball was an engineer with Heald when they went out of business and he started up his own shop with all the parts and tooling from Heald. Was a really good source until he retired awhile back. Now we'll have to struggle to find parts for these machines. PM me on FB Frank Beights  and I'll try to help out? Or here!!

Carl Heald Machines, Super Bronc, Super Tryke, Hauler, Parts, & Sales

ssiron
On 4/30/2018 at 9:32 PM, Bdboyz11 said:

I just picked me up a kimball hauler. Would like to find a repair manual or any literature on this thing if anyone has something. Much appreciated, thanks..

Not sure if you ever got the dimensions you were looking for but I could supply you with those.

37DD29C1-62BF-441E-B282-76730609CB8E.jpeg

C1F8FB80-3633-4196-8FBD-A048D426F113.jpeg

ssiron

That's an unusual one. The grill is different. Yours has vertical slots like a Jeep. Ron had problems with Jeep about this and had to change the grill design. All of them I've ever seen has horizontal slots. The others have 5 slots just as that one.  Have seen one more like yours but I thought he had modified it himself. Ron may have sold some before the trouble with Jeep. They also challenged the square fenders, but the Judge threw it out, ruled they were just trying to be petty. Jeep won the argument about the grill design.

Lee1977
On 3/3/2018 at 8:24 PM, 953 nut said:

That one Is a "Roof".mower.

heavy hauler

Hi Guys. I bought 2 vehicles from Ron when he was in Benton Harbor. Both the J-93 and a J-98. I think I can answer the question about the grill. Ron had to build them with the horizontal grill slots after being threatened by Jeep but you could take the sheetmetal grill out, turn it sideways and reinstall it with no modifications. That's what I did to mine. My J-98 has the full cab and I added an automotive alternator so I could put in a 12 V. heater. Has a factory plow on the front with the electric actuator so you can provide downforce unlike a winch. I plow 2 miles of driveway and it does a great job. I am interested in selling it and it's in great shape with 3 sets of tires and the 20HP Briggs Vanguard and lots of spare parts. If anyone would like pictures I will text from my phone. Paul Mason