pfrederi

Some Work Ahead for the Snow Horses

cleat

Holy crap.

I.m glad I live in Canada. My yard is completely bare.

Then again I don't get any seat time.

Cleat

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

squonk

It will melt in time to get to the show. :) This snow packs just looking at it! 

mrshaft696

holy crap, its blowing & snowing like crazy here but nothing like that!

js5020

Dang!!  Sure glad I'm 75 or so miles south of you!  Had a little more than a dusting in the am but it's all gone now just have the wind.

Edited by js5020

Chris G

i woke up to roughly 16 inches this morning. But the drifts in spots were beetween 3 and 4 feet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Opened the door on the shop where they are and saw this.

Bit driftin' there eh?

rjg854

Got around 10" of the white stuff on the ground here, with the bottom 2-3" being nothing but slop.  I drove the driveway down with the truck last night when I got home from work, by back up and down the drive widening the ruts each time.  Actually worked out well being there was so much water in that snow.  It's a little sloppy but right down to the stone, and plenty wide enough for the little lady to get out even in her Honda Fit.  I won't have to clean the stone out of the grass from this storm at least.  The ground was well thawed before all this came through, so it should melt from the bottom up.  This next week's temps are supposed to be high 30's and low 40's.  With rain later in the week with the ground all ready saturated, I really don't want to get off the stone.  All I can pray for is this is the last dying gasp of winter.  March has definitely come in like a lion and maybe out like a lamb?  Time will tell.  Happy plowing for those of us in this last storm.

• Like 1

squonk

About 1/4 of my driveway is now in my lawn. :( Yard Boss will get a workout in a few weeks. 

download.jpg.29574e65b89905db5f197e316fb320d6.jpg

• Like 2

littleredrider

We got about 15" or so where I am. It's heavy, and the ol' 520 with the plow was having one hell of a hard time. Driveway is really pore blacktop, and if the tires could get that it would push, but since its so uneven, it just wanted to spin. Ground is super soft, and forget it got into it. I had to push it out so many times, was getting super ticked off. Gonna put chains on to finish up, see how that goes....actually can't wait for this stuff to go away....

Sarge

I wondered how the NE members made out, quite a storm and the damage is pretty severe. Buddy is coming over later with his smaller Kubota and broom to put the rock back where it belongs. I have to finish the adapter for the D's 3pt, going from the A frame utility hitch to a sleeve hitch so I can use my rear blade to drag the rock piles back in the parking lot. Trying to limit how much time he has to spend wallowing around on the wet ground and putting ruts in the yard. Not going to be a fun day.

Sarge

• Like 1

pfrederi

Break out!!!

No power since 3 pm yesterday.  Only about 10 inches but some serious drifting even some bare spots....

IMG_0188.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

1995 520H+96+97
3 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Break out!!!

Turn them horses loose.:)

• Like 1

Red144runner

Weather men in mass had us in for total white out, severe nor'easter, 10"-12" blah blah blah. I had my doubts. Even took a gamble and didn't bother mounting the snowblower on the bobcat at work. We got less than an inch and it melted before noon. I swear these news networks forecast for ratings. As someone who is on call for snow removal I rely on weather predictions. This year it seems they have been really bad. I trust NOAA and the radar 12 hours out. TV weather not at all.

• Like 2

paxz71usa

I agree Red, I run a plow for a township and each year the weather guessers get worse and worse. Best to look at the radar and guess yourself as you say. That's what I do. Oh and being from Lancaster County PA I trust the local Groundhog, Octorara Orphie. :P

• Like 1

BigRed84

How long was I asleep for??  Haha, are these posts all from this past Saturday?  I didn't even realize other people were seeing snow.  We just got a ton of wind and rain.  It briefly changed to heavy wet snow for about 10 minutes but that's about it here south western CT.  Today is a different story.  6 to 8" on the way!

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, BigRed84 said:

Today is a different story.  6 to 8" on the way!

Click on the link below. I live just south of Fryeburg Maine on the New Hampshire border.

Radio, TV, National Weather Service is saying this is going to be the most snow we've had in my area in the past 2 or 3 Seasons.

https://www.weather.gov/gyx/winter

Red144runner

We are in for a foot of wet snow here. I'll have some tractor pictures later I'm sure

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

still coming down here, wet, heavy. Good luck.     

Glenn

Red144runner

First pass. About 3", at least it scrapes clean cause it's so wet. But it's heavy. I plowed the sidewalk up hill no problem fully weighted (150 in wheel weights and another 180 in suitcase). I won't be able to push 14" up hill though. I'll have better pictures tomorrow 

IMG_4808.JPG

IMG_4811.JPG

Red144runner

Ugh. It's fun and all but I'm ready to put the mower decks. 16" and going

IMG_4865.JPG

IMG_4866.JPG

ebinmaine
On 3/7/2018 at 5:51 AM, ebinmaine said:

Radio, TV, National Weather Service is saying this is going to be the most snow we've had in my area in the past 2 or 3 Seasons.

I wrote this last week.... and today we'll most likely break it .... again....

Forecasted for 18 inches here by tomorrow.

This storm will be in the top 10 of recorded history for depth in any March for Portland, ME.