Does anyone use a Harbor Freight motorcycle lift for working on their tractors and if so are you happy with it?

I picked a used one up a couple of years ago.  Can't live without it.  I was tired of crawling on the cement floor.  

• Like 3

I have one I bought new on sale. It certainly makes life easier.

It is a little narrow, but some guys have modified it for their use.

I use it for everything now!!

• Like 2

I had a HF lift. Mounted a oak door on it to make it wider. Just took up too much room when not using it so I sold it. I have a hydraulic lift table that I can pick up a tractor if I take the belt guard and foot stirrups off. It's nice because If I need to stop working on a tractor I can roll it out of the way.5a9943e4b5386_skonkredo2005.JPG.e24bff873dafbba1ea44665d9736d8e8.JPG

5a9943eb98c7d_skonkredo2010.JPG.9b7c95be204d7324690d4b9fa245d107.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

That unit gets discussed pretty frequently.  You'll find some good conversation/ideas in these topics...

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

13 hours ago, grinchsr said:

I picked a used one up a couple of years ago.  Can't live without it.  I was tired of crawling on the cement floor.  

That's why I was asking, I'm retired and looking for a way to stay off the floor without bending over all the time.  My thought was to cut down a sheet of 3/4 plywood and mount that to the lift to get the needed width.

That's what my brother did ( 3/4 plywood), and he loves it. You can do everything standing or sitting on a stool...

Added a deck to mine too but used a couple of 2x8s under the plywood, Had to make extensions for the lift arms. Also added wheels so it could roll around. 2 rigid and 2 casters

Here is mine in use. I used the 3/4 plywood to widen the platform, just didn't have it on in this picture. Works very well for an advanced year man.

B80_1.jpg

• Like 1