ztnoo

Serious East Coast Weather Alert

ebinmaine

Looks like my mountains are on the outermost fringe this time.

Those of you in the direct path, please be safe.

squonk

Power just went out and my work phone and personal cell phone rang at the same time. SNOW DAY! :occasion-xmas:

rjg854

my power is still on, but it's been fluctuating.  Hopefully it will stay on for the coal boiler, they can be a bear to relight at times.

squonk
30 minutes ago, rjg854 said:

my power is still on, but it's been fluctuating.  Hopefully it will stay on for the coal boiler, they can be a bear to relight at times.

I hear my furnace running. :) And if the power goes out for a while I have my gas stove that uses no electricity. May have to mount the Genny on Skonk though for the reefer. :hide:

Edited by squonk
  • Confused 2

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Your doobie's have an electric start?  :scratchead:

• Haha 5

cpete1
40 minutes ago, squonk said:

May have to mount the Genny on Skonk though for the reefer. 

37 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Your doobie's have an electric start? 

:text-yeahthat: I was reading the previous posts and I have to admit.... I thought the exact same thing, took me a second or 4 to finally figure all this out.... Some of you guys are just plain weird... I tell ya,  just weird. And to think I sent in money to be a "supporter" . What the heck???

Squonk, I hope you survive the storm, If its gets really bad, at least you'll be in a good mood .

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

squonk
29 minutes ago, cpete1 said:

:text-yeahthat: I was reading the previous posts and I have to admit.... I thought the exact same thing, took me a second or 4 to finally figure all this out.... Some of you guys are just plain weird... I tell ya,  just weird. And to think I sent in money to be a "supporter" . What the heck???

Squonk, I hope you survive the storm, If its gets really bad, at least you'll be in a good mood .

Always in a good mood.Especially when I have a paid day off.:banana-dance:

• Like 2

squonk

Power kicked off again. pine trees with their branches drooping to the ground. About 5 " of wet glop so far

WNYPCRepair

Woke to about 8" of wet heavy snow here just north of Buffalo. 

squonk

5a9950ce5dfdc_whiteglop001.JPG.488892ca433a6de1ab997a60c6e18a58.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi

About 6 wet inches here.  Going to be terrible to clean up as the driveway was muddy before it started snowing and didn't freeze up. Plus it it is wet and heavy.

• Sad 1

Ed Kennell

Just a dusting here in SC Pa., But the remaining 15 dead spruce trees are shaking badly.  Sure glad I took down the 5 near the house.  Only one short power interruption this morning.

I have the wood stove stoked...no AC required.    

The bad news is , I am leaving in an hour to pick up my Grandson at Penn State after his last class at 4:30.    Sure hope none of the big rigs get tipped over on Rt 322.

c-series don

It's really starting to crank up here on eastern Long Island. Just had a gust had to be over 50 mph. The weather channel has people on the beach in Montauk which is about 30 miles to the east of me. Also just heard on my scanner a nieghboring fire department get called for a tree that blew over onto a car with occupants trapped inside. Hope they are ok. Tides are very high now in the bay which is about a quarter mile for my home with severe erosion going on. 

Aldon

We got 14-15 inches. Heavy and wet. Still coming down but slower and mostly melting now where it hits driveway. Here are some pics when I cleared it out earlier...

FC4A88C8-C538-4241-A399-949E4696DB7F.jpeg.0e6bb44bb8e956d38b0e0c68d0418e2a.jpegF74A3137-45BA-45DE-80F7-F7835EC02423.jpeg.f6f84dfaa732c064b6ce0e0f057cc70f.jpeg2CC1BE70-13E5-4FCA-A3F8-5880D2BAD2EF.jpeg.d5c2fa94f8725780162b0c2d80be2d26.jpeg

BF0EA5D7-8962-4714-A90C-B190C212E7C9.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

pfrederi
30 minutes ago, Aldon said:

We got 14-15 inches. Heavy and wet. Still coming down but slower and mostly melting now where it hits driveway. Here are some pics when I cleared it out earlier...

FC4A88C8-C538-4241-A399-949E4696DB7F.jpeg.0e6bb44bb8e956d38b0e0c68d0418e2a.jpegF74A3137-45BA-45DE-80F7-F7835EC02423.jpeg.f6f84dfaa732c064b6ce0e0f057cc70f.jpeg2CC1BE70-13E5-4FCA-A3F8-5880D2BAD2EF.jpeg.d5c2fa94f8725780162b0c2d80be2d26.jpeg

BF0EA5D7-8962-4714-A90C-B190C212E7C9.jpeg

Going to miss this in Idaho????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Aldon

I like snow. I absolutely need to live where there are 4 distinct seasons. However once we get to March, I’m ready for Spring and snow becomes a bit of a boor.

• Like 2

ztnoo
38 minutes ago, Aldon said:

We got 14-15 inches. Heavy and wet.

Maybe should have hung on to the 314 w/snowblower a bit longer?   1f914.png.d64ef1eefee584f32df10c79205a01d3.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Aldon said:

I like snow. I absolutely need to live where there are 4 distinct seasons. However once we get to January , I’m ready for Spring and snow becomes a bit of a boor.

You'd think I would have enough common sense to live someplace other than the mountains of Maine......

• Haha 3

classiccat

the vic skit that never gets old!

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
55 minutes ago, classiccat said:

the vic skit that never gets old!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Never seen that 'cat.......

OOHHHHH so true!!!!!

We LOVE watching the sillies crowd the stores to get their "stores" before a storm.

• Haha 1

shallowwatersailor

The wind was a killer down here with 69 mph gusts recorded and three deaths in the area. Woke up this morning to find this tree down. Actually it was a self-loading tree - as it fell across an empty firewood rack.  :)  The poor carport took its third hit since we moved here eight years ago and missed the house by about 15 feet..

5a99facc66b58_WP_20180302_0061.jpg.24f218cc4068f4968032b7cc70ed54b0.jpg

• Sad 2

Ed Kennell

Sorry to see that John.  At least the truck dodged a bullet.    I just got back from a 8 hour white knuckle round trip to Penn State.    Not much fun being sandwiched between the 18 wheelers in the 50 MPH winds.    Made it back home safe though and no trees down that I could see in the dark.   The power was off several times.

I just heard ....a big rig has flipped on the  Norman Wood bridge.    Officials say it will remain closed until the winds lay enough to remove the truck.   Probably Sunday.

See the source image The bridge spans the Susquehanna River in southern Pa.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 5

Ed Kennell

Image may contain: outdoor      Yep, both lanes blocked.     The Amish buggies may be able to squeeze through.

• Sad 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I know I am late to this thread lost power  12 noon on Friday and finally got it back 8:50 PM last night. Probably get in trouble with this : About 2 years ago I purchase a 13 hp electric start generator 7000 watts  up to 58 AMPs  from HF. Ran that thing the whole time only stopping for fuel, oil ( none used ) and from 11:30 PM until 7:30 AM while sleeping . Ran like a top. Heated house some lights, refrig.. I would highly recommend this generator.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1