TechnoSpark

Where to jack from

TechnoSpark

Where should I jack the front and the back from, and it is okay to leave it on jack stands for an extended period of time?

Racinbob

I've never had an issue lifting from under the transmission and front axle. Yor may want to use a short 2x4 with a hole in the center to straddle the grease zerk on the axle but I've done it without many times. :)

• Like 5

953 nut
3 hours ago, TechnoSpark said:

is okay to leave it on jack stands for an extended period of time?

:WRS:              lots of us have :wh: that sat in a barn or out in the elements for decades and have come back to life.  Being up on jack stands won't harm it, but you won't be getting any seat time and that is what it's all about! 

• Like 6

jay bee

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

I routinely jack up the front and back from multiple places - just don't hit a grease fitting...

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Please remember,  if you jack up the rear with the jack centered,  the tractor can unexpectedly tilt to the side and possible fall off the jack.    The swiveling front  axle  will not keep it stable.

• Like 8

KC9KAS
37 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Please remember,  if you jack up the rear with the jack centered,  the tractor can unexpectedly tilt to the side and possible fall off the jack.    The swiveling front  axle  will not keep it stable.

You can cut some small "wedges" from wood and drive them into either side of the front axle pivot point to safely jack the rear up with out the tractor falling off of the jack.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Daddy Don

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Sarge

One note...

When greasing the front axle, support the tractor's weight on the frame with stands - then grease it.

This will allow the lubricant to flow all the way around the pivot pin. With any weight on the axle the wear points won't be lubricated properly,  same thing with the spindles as well.

Be careful trying to get it solidly positioned on stands,  some models have an unexpected balancing point and if you remove any components such as the engine it can flip off the stands.

Sarge

• Like 1

WHX??

Don't try to run the tractor on stands. Angles can affect the splash lube.