Pullstart

Anyone try the new D405 Deestone tires?

Pullstart

I figured since I stole the old ags from the 502 and put them on the C-101, I should see about getting another set.  I had the Deestone 4P 23x8.5R12 tires now I found the D405 23x10.5R12 set and I think I might try 'em out.  Any experience?

• Excellent 1

Duramax7man7

I tried Deestones on my 520 and they are now on my 312-8. They do pretty well overall but are in no way near the "10.5" wide that they advertise. At least mine weren't. They were more like 8.5" MAAAAYBE 9" if I let out the air. ;)

I have been wanting to try this tire I;ve seen online. it's called OTR R1 23 x 10.5 x 12"... 

They are $155 a pair + Shipping (only $22 for me as they are in Ohio and I'm in S. Michigan) and look similar to the Carlisle Tru-Powers in design and width. 

OTR_tires.jpg

Duramax7man7

I'm thinking that with the indention in the side of lugs, that might help to drop dirt and mud off a little better during rotation and maybe even cause a tiny, tiny bit more grab from the side. Just a theory though on that last part. 

Sarge

I run that tire on the front of the D180 in the 18×8.50×8 , they are true to size and bite really well. Basically a copy of the Carlisle Tru Power...

Sarge

• Like 1

Pullstart

Those OTRs look pretty mean. 

I'm aware of the size difference from the Carlisles or other brands, I have a feeling the 23x10.50 Deestones will look right at home on the little 502.  The 23x8.50's don't look too bad themselves, and the C-101 Wheels that I'll use are a bit wider offset too.

I'll also plan to tube and fluid fill the tires as I did with the last set.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I ran almost no air pressure in the tires once they were filled, maybe 5-8 psi.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Here you go a side by side comparison, on 520s, check on my thread "new shoes for a horse", Jeff.

IMAG3922.jpg

IMAG3932.jpg

IMAG3929.jpg

IMAG3930.jpg

• Like 2

Stormin

Just fitted Deestone 23x10.50x12's to my Sears/Roper GT16. Look ok. See my post in Other Brands.

• Like 1