Jrblanke

Finally posting about my late summer find

CasualObserver

Love the story! And congrats on the new family addition. 

• Like 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat::text-coolphotos::text-goodpost:

• Like 1

chip61

I grew up about a mile from Pohlig's. I used to enjoy going up there when I was young and admire all the new tractors. That 876 is going to make a great project. Congrats on the little one!

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

Congratulations on the new addition...er..I mean the.the baby of course!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

AMC RULES

Congrats on both James...

glad to see you're back.   :greetings-wavingyellow:

:scratchead: Heard from Van, or Jay lately? 

• Like 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, Jrblanke said:

the moral of this story is: Don’t do stupid things.

:text-coolphotos:          James, if we didn't do stupid things it would be a very dull world!            :ychain:             Great story.

Congratulations on the new baby and :wh:.

• Like 2

classiccat

Congratulations!

That tractor will clean-up nice!

it was smart to put the pics at the end...otherwise I may not have read your entire dissertation :lol:

• Like 4

Pullstart

Congrats on the baby, and the new/old tractor too!  I'm bringing no trailer with me to the show, just so if I HAVE TO buy another Wheelhorse, it'll need to come with a trailer to haul it!

• Like 2

wallfish

Congratulations on both new additions to your family!

Glad to see you back here.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Whew, I was on edge just reading that story.    Did you use the Toyota to take the Mrs. to the hospital when the baby came?  Chapter 2

Sure glad it all worked out and you got 2 new gems.  Welcome back and congratulations.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sarge

Old Toyota trucks are too stupid to die, about the same as the WH...congrats.

I went out yesterday and charged the battery in the 77 Land Cruiser , fired right off and ran perfect despite sitting for 6 months and having very old gas in it. The old 2F inline six is too stupid to die...but reliable,  lol.

Sarge

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Jrblanke

Thanks for the comments guys! My daughter is 7 months old today. And she is a chatter box just like her dad. She is In to everything!

Ed, 

We actually drove separate to the hospital because we met at the doctors office for her routine 38 week appointment,. At that appointment they told us to go ahead and go to the hospital due to her blood pressure. Everything worked out fine though. And the hospital food was actually really good!

Sarge, I'd love to see a picture of that land cruiser! I love old toyotas, I just wish they didn't rust so badly! My 84 was given to me by my dad. He said he didn't want it anymore. He bought it new in 1984. It was the first "new" car he ever purchased. I grew up learning to drive it and couldn't stand the thought of it being sold to someone else.  My daily is a 1997 4runner with a 5 speed manual. Love that truck! New enough to have amenities, but old enough to still be "stoopid."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
16 hours ago, WHX14 said:

:text-yeahthat::text-coolphotos::text-goodpost:

What he said ^^^^^^^

• Like 1

squonk

I bring my Tundra to an independent shop that specializes in Toyota. Once a year before the Big Show I tell them to tear it apart and fix whatever it needs. 3 yrs. in a row it has needed nothing. When I go there there's almost always a customer there that wants to buy it to have when their truck finally dies. :D Going in after Memorial Day. Just turned 197,000. In 4 years I have replaced the Radiator (no leaks but the fins were getting soft) 4 shocks (nothing wrong with them but I figured they had 180,000 on them. Replaced them with Bilsteins) :lol: and a muffler and tailpipe. I think I'll have them change the airfilter this year. :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 4

cafoose

I love my 876 it was my first horse.:D I got it at an auction in the early 90's for 300 and had the engine and hydro rebuilt. It's very dependable and moves snow, dirt, pulls trailers, mows, and just keeps on going :banana-rock:20170402_164758.thumb.jpg.b34458c99c0b6c3055cc0a7eff5634fc.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Nice  Cafoose ..... tractors like that reinforce my love for all  tractors with S/G motors! :handgestures-thumbupright: On the other hand I had a thread awhile back about ungly seats.... :ychain:

• Like 5

cafoose
1 hour ago, WHX14 said:

On the other hand I had a thread awhile back about ungly seats...

I know the seat was a flea market find years ago but it works! The original one was trashed. I found more pics of it at work:

20170402_152238.thumb.jpg.7bdc052471e1195c9685bf99b9e35a5a.jpg20170326_125144.thumb.jpg.8e8d106c40337c42fafb9cf53f95fe52.jpg

• Like 4

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, WHX14 said:

On the other hand I had a thread awhile back about ungly seats.... :ychain:

I want to see this thread..... :D

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

I want to see this thread..... :D

This one is worthy of recycling, lots of funny stuff!

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Thanks Richard!

• Like 2

Jrblanke

Thanks for the pics Cafoose! Youre 876 is awesome!

• Like 1

Sarge
On 2/28/2018 at 12:12 PM, Jrblanke said:

Sarge, I'd love to see a picture of that land cruiser! I love old toyotas, I just wish they didn't rust so badly! My 84 was given to me by my dad. He said he didn't want it anymore. He bought it new in 1984. It was the first "new" car he ever purchased. I grew up learning to drive it and couldn't stand the thought of it being sold to someone else.  My daily is a 1997 4runner with a 5 speed manual. Love that truck! New enough to have amenities, but old enough to still be "stoopid."

Here's my old '77 FJ40LV-KCJA short wheelbase,  2F straight six. Unknown miles and not much history on it. Bought it from a flipper that made the mistake of painting it, he could have gotten another $3k if he'd left the original color on it. Original color was Dune Beige , now it's wearing 1942 AM General olive drab..lol.

20170212_101130.jpg.ba3f1a80cbf5c36032fa172f898c735d.jpg

These things were so overbuilt it's crazy,  the parts in it are twice as heavy as your 4Runner...

Sarge

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Can't be '42 AM General. 

• Like 1