Goldann520

I'm back!

Goldann520

I'm back @WV Hillbilly, @ACman, @horsenewbee. I'm once again a wh owner. You guys were right. Only this time it's only a 1990 312-8 classic. But hey, I gave $50 bucks for it!!!!! Kohler magnum runs like  a champ and has a nice 42" rear discharge deck on it. Paint not too bad, pics to come. Of couse has normal hackery for this price, but im back in the game ! Gotta get back to work now, talk later. Goldann520 

• Like 8

953 nut

Image result for welcome back!

Retired Wrencher

Welcome back. Go :wh: or go home. Big boy rules. Have fun.

Goldann520

Sorry, it's a 91. Has the 100000 serial # and the k8 model #. 

Sparky

Welcome back! The 312 is a nice trusty machine

WVHillbilly520H

@Goldann520, that's kinda dajavu as I just acquired an '88 312-8, but for different reasons, Jeff.

IMAG4159.jpg

• Excellent 1

Goldann520

Looks just like it, Sept hood is different color. By the way, will a toro 79252 front blade fit it? Says for 260 series tractors, which I think are lawn tractors? Appreciate the help. @WV Hillbilly@ACman has weights and chains too, but if tires are wrong size and blade won't fit.........

Edited by Goldann520
Type o

Tankman
5 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

@Goldann520, that's kinda dajavu as I just acquired an '88 312-8, but for different reasons, Jeff.

Yeah, we know. Honest Hon, I need this Horse really bad.

carrot-and-stick.jpg.118f912f6ab84496eda69113c0e07b93.jpg

• Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H
5 minutes ago, Goldann520 said:

Looks just like it, Sept hood is different color. By the way, will a toro 79252 front blade fit it? Says for 260 series tractors, which I think are lawn tractors? Appreciate the help. @WV Hillbilly@ACman has weights and chains too, but if tires are wrong size and blade won't fit.........

That blade from a 260 series will work but you have to fab up some things to make it work, just did that last spring, top pic is how it should look with the correct 260 linkages which you'll only need the angle lever and bar,  then make the center lift link and weld in and of course a rear axle bracket, I don't remember the dimensions as I've sold to a buddy for his 417, Jeff.

IMAG2412.jpg

IMAG2554.jpg

IMAG2551.jpg

IMAG2552.jpg

Goldann520

Ya not lookin to fab stuff up. I'll wait. Thanks @WV Hillbilly. Here's a couple pics, not unloaded yet. 50 bucks !!!!!!!!!! 717 hrs. Should have some life.needs work but that's what I do. Man I miss my 520😣

20180227_174105.jpg

20180227_174054.jpg

20180227_174048.jpg

• Like 5

WVHillbilly520H

Truly the only piece I fabbed up was the lift anchor/link in the last picture, everything else was just stripped that wasn't needed and the angle handle just sets on the outside of the running board, maybe cost $5 if have a drill, grinder, and welder.

Goldann520

@WV Hillbilly hey Jeff, you saw the before pics, these are after my 1st cleaning. $50 bucks I paid for this!!!!!!! Needs some work obviously, but think this was deal of the year,  and it's only Feb. Runs great. Thanks For listening to my gloating but a deal like this deserves touting. 717 hrs

20180228_135023.jpg

20180228_135008.jpg

20180228_135042.jpg

20180228_135052.jpg

20180228_135058.jpg

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Goldann520 Does not look too bad except I think the steering will be a like tough on your hands. Did some one mess with ignition switch or is it just the picture ? 

Goldann520

Ya someone put a push button in it, so some rewiring in order. A tree branch fell on it and smashed it. That's why he decided to move it. Said it was a sign to get rid of it. I was lucky enough to be there at the right time 

Edited by Goldann520
Type o

Goldann520

@elcamino/wheelhorse ya that's just the 1st layer of mold and crust. After I compound and polish it, should Shine halfway decent. All 4 tires leak down too😣

Edited by Goldann520
Type o

Goldann520

@elcamino/wheelhorse maybe you can help me. @WVHillbilly520H look at the dash pic. The brake pedal is way back toward the seat. Brakes work fine, and spring is wirking, but pedal seems way too far back. Any ideas? Thanks Terry  is there a stop for it to fix that problem? Also there was electric lift available for these, right?

Edited by Goldann520
Type o

WVHillbilly520H
2 minutes ago, Goldann520 said:

@elcamino/wheelhorse maybe you can help me. @WVHillbilly520H look at the dash pic. The brake pedal is way back toward the seat. Brakes work fine, and spring is wirking, but pedal seems way too far back. Any ideas? Thanks Terry 

Looks similar to mine...

IMAG4158.jpg

IMAG4159.jpg

IMAG4150.jpg

• Like 1

Goldann520

Ya, it does. Guess it's the nature of the beast. Thanks @WVHillbilly520H

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Believe it or not this one has 450 hrs on it, unlike the one I found in November at a JD dealership it had 2800hrs :think:.

IMAG4145.jpg

IMAG3745.jpg

IMAG3763.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1

Goldann520

Nice! Plenty of life in that old girl! @WVHillbilly520H there was electric lift available for these, right? I don't yank on lift levers anymore if I can help it. Would like that rear lift too!

Edited by Goldann520
Type o

WVHillbilly520H
4 minutes ago, Goldann520 said:

Nice! Plenty of life in that old girl! @WVHillbilly520H there was electric lift available for these, right? I don't yank on lift levers anymore if I can help it. Would like that rear lift too!

If you can find the electric lift yes it can be retrofitted, as far as the rear lift @wheelhorseman, Lowell has everything you need.

• Like 1

Goldann520

@WVHillbilly520H thanks for the tip. Oddly mine has the cable tube mounted under the seat but nothing else?

WVHillbilly520H
5 minutes ago, Goldann520 said:

@WVHillbilly520H thanks for the tip. Oddly mine has the cable tube mounted under the seat but nothing else?

Same here, the plot thickens, is it a 312-8 thing?

IMAG4144.jpg

• Like 1

wheelhorseman
33 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Same here, the plot thickens, is it a 312-8 thing?

IMAG4144.jpg

No - it’s a 90% of manual transmissions thing.

Edited by wheelhorseman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Goldann520

@wheelhorseman you mean most manual transmissions came from the factory with the tube? Why? Thanks For the interest. By the way what would it cost to complete it . Clevis hitch and all? Thanks 

Edited by Goldann520
Type o