ebinmaine

What's the quietest stack Muffler? I'd like as much input as possible.

ol550

Or get a pair of these and they all sound pretty much the same.

A-l500.jpg.b68bdcb14bba31e88adf09fa2301422a.jpg

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
On 3/1/2018 at 10:04 PM, WHX14 said:

loud pipes save lives...... run with an open one

Just for the record... If this was a show rig or rarely used I'd run a couple 45's into a chrome up facing tube and be Very happy.

I generally believe that diesel trucks Can't be too loud. Nothin' like an old "oil burner" ridin' a Jake brake down a looonng hill with a pair of open 8" stacks !!

But.... in this case these two "rigs" of mine are used for several hours at a time on our acreage and they neeeeed to be audiologicaly friendly.

• Like 3

squonk
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Just for the record... 

I generally believe that diesel trucks Can't be too loud. Nothin' like an old "oil burner" ridin' a Jake brake down a looonng hill with a pair of open 8" stacks !!

Detroits! :banana-dreads: :banana-jumprope: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-dance: :occasion-xmas:

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, squonk said:

Detroits! :banana-dreads: :banana-jumprope: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-dance: :occasion-xmas:

YEAH !!

squonk

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine

OH that is just lovely !!!

Them ol Pete's izz mah FAVERITT

• Like 2

rmaynard
On 2/28/2018 at 8:51 PM, Sarge said:

Just keep in mind how the exhaust outlet is cast on that 341, too much weight on it can literally snap it off from vibration. Due to how the hood covers up the top of the engine it's tough to get a brace in there to help reinforce a stack  - just pointing that out..some stacks are quite heavy.

Sarge

Not only vibrations, but a low-hanging branch can catch the stack and break it right off.

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Not only vibrations, but a low-hanging branch can catch the stack and break it right off.

I'm pretty careful about branches. We usually clear the tractor's path well enough for me (over 6 feet) to walk down through.

I AM Interested to know - Without Welding - How can I make up a good brace ??

I need one for this tractor and the B80.

ronhatch

Eric,  I braced up a  IH Cub muffler on my K181  (see my profile picture on left) by replacing the 90 degree elbow with a 1" X 1" X 1/2" tee. I put a  1/2" plug in the third opening that was in the down (6:00) position. I then drilled and taped a hole  in the plug that I then used for an anchor point. from which I ran a couple of brackets made out of 1" X 3/16" flat stock to threaded holes in the engine block.  You could use a regular 1" tee, but for a better look, I went with a  1" X 1" x 1/2" tee with the 1/2"  in the 6:00 position.  I hope this all makes sense.  Ron

Edited by ronhatch