19richie66

Ever had one of those weeks?

19richie66

So this week I am trying to finish up my shower so I can spend some time on my beloved wheel horse. I have been laying out my tiles on my bed trying to find the best pattern layout and so forth. I had brought in my bullnose tile to get them organized also. Whoever at Lowes wrapped this stuff deserves and award. So I decided to get out my new knife out of the drawer and cut off the plastic wrap. I had this erie feeling just before the knife slipped and went right into my wife's new comforter. So, get on the computer and start looking franticly to figure out where she bought it. I couldn't call to ask her. :naughty: So after searching all her favorite stores online I found it. BAM!!, there went $75 of my tractor money. So that all gets explained and she just gave me the look. New comforter comes in and all is good. Today, I get the SECOND piece of travertine for the shower curb out to cut to length. I got my daughter out to help support it. Last one cracked as I was finishing it. So it's cut, got it all glued down and noticed a gap under one end of it. Looked and one of my tile wedges had fallen under it. I couldn't see it though because it was covered in thin set. So as I gently lifted it to see what was keeping it from going down, CRACK!. BAM another $60 of my tractor money. So I wait now for the tile guy to get off the phone so I can order another piece of travertine.:violin: I can't really complain though as I don't have it all that bad and I did wake up this morning on the right side of the floor. I hope everyone has a great week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 3

ebinmaine

We've all had those days. Weeks. Years. Sometimes even decades.

Good that you can keep a sense of humor about it and realize that you are - on the right side of the floor.

I used to have an older guy that I worked with years ago that would complain with a smile on his face about everything you could imagine and then say - it's okay because I still am on the correct side of the dirt.:D

Happens to the best of us brother man. Just keep on keeping on.

• Like 3

19richie66

I just want to get this shower done so I can change my signature badge to red and black. :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

JPWH

Make a note that is another good use for cardboard. Saves comforters.lol I just finished the living room upgrade so my wife let me have this past weekend to play with the tractors and I spent most of the weekend cleaning and rearranging the shop. All I did to the tractors was move them for more space.

• Haha 4

19richie66

Back from the tile guy. Travertine piece #3 is now cut and ready to install. :pray: Hope to have good news afterwards. 

• Like 2

19richie66

:happy-wavemulticolor: It’s in. 

5F6FA661-76D6-4854-8176-725063D91966.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 7

JPWH

That looks real nice!

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

WOOOT WOOOOT !!!!!

• Like 1

richmondred01

Very nice

• Thanks 1

19richie66

You won't believe it. The new piece I put down has a crack in it :deadhorse: and it is actually under the polishing that they did when they cut it. So I didn't do it. I can run a razor blade across it and it won't grab the crack. Too late now its down. I'll run it till it breaks. 

• Like 3

19richie66
3 minutes ago, richmondred01 said:

Very nice

Thank you. I am not letting it beat me. :snooty:

• Thanks 1

953 nut
36 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

:happy-wavemulticolor: It’s in.

:woohoo:          Looks great! Love the look of the floor, very nice.           :text-coolphotos:           Now, get out of the house and start working on "Skittles".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19richie66

Can't play yet. Still have to grout it. I'm putting the last of the lower caps on now. I hope to grout it tomorrow night.

• Like 3

roadapples

Well worth the wait :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

Zeek

That is a beautiful job! I kind of figure every project a decide to do will take twice as long as I anticipated and twice as much money. I learned that on my kitchen backsplash :angry-banghead:

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, Zeek said:

kind of figure every project a decide to do will take twice as long

Yep... me too. 

I enjoy tackling most anything but I've learned to be patient and more careful. 

• Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

I know all too well that we can all have weeks like that, back when I was remodeling houses full time a few years ago I had more than enough of them. Great job on the shower 

• Thanks 1