Sign in to follow this  
wildbill59

D200 PTO and belts? Manuals?

wildbill59

So I picked up my new-to-me D200s today - what awesome big garden tractors! I've got some general maintenance to do, but after that - the first on my list is to install the belt that runs from the engine to the rear PTO. Problem #1 - from what I can tell, the part # is 103084. When I look it up, I find two different sizes, and from many different sources. Tulsa Engine, Gardner, Ebay, Amazon (I know, the last two aren't great sources of info, but I was surprised to see that they all list two different sizes) - they all say it's 5/8", but they list both 34" and 38". I'm going to put a string around the pulleys to measure, but it seems like 34 is even a bit too long. Any thoughts? Second - these are my first D200s, how do I get that belt on? The PTO clutch has two pulleys, the outboard groove is for the deck - the belt goes from the PTO to the mule drive to the deck. I can figure out how to remove the deck (I mean, I'm a mechanic, I gotta be able to figure that out), and I'll have to remove that belt first, but what about the clutch to rear PTO shaft belt? I don't see an idler, and there's got to take a lot of tension to drive that rear PTO - how do I get that belt on? The tractor that needs the belt is the one in the first pic - it's a 1974, model # 1-0630. Lastly, I found an online owners manual, but it seems pretty generic - it tells me how to change light bulbs and adjust the seat (really?), but not how to remove the deck and replace the belts. I went to the Manuals section, but couldn't find anything - any help would be greatly appreciated!

100_4941.JPG

100_4946.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

gwest_ca

This manual may help. I think the pillow-block bearings need to be loosened or the bolts removed to get the belt on and then the slotted mounting holes provide for belt tension adjustment. Click on the picture.

May be something in this service manual

Garry

• Excellent 2

"D"- Man

The pillow block bearing should not have to be removed or loosened, but the mid-mount bracket does, also as Gary stated, the front must be loosened, or removed.  This should allow the belt to be installed. Remember to tighten the mid_mount bracket after the front tension has been set.

• Excellent 1

Sarge

Have you inspect the engine to hydraulic pump coupling yet ? First thing to do on any D, and hope it doesn't have any play in it .

Sarge

• Like 1

pacer

DANG!! how you find 2/TWO1 nice looking D's like that -- wow those look sweet! ----  (love my D's)

• Thanks 1

wildbill59

Qwest, D-man and Sarge - thanks so much for the advice. I talked to the original owner today, he still had the belt, so that took care of that hassle. He says that I should be able to loosen up that front mounted bracket and just roll the belt over the pulley, and then tighten that adjusting nut to tension it back up. We'll see, but if that doesn't work, I'm armed with great diagrams and ideas. And thanks, Pacer - I got 'em from an older gentleman that used them in his orchard for 30-some years. He sold his orchard, and sold me the rest of his equipment! Those big Ds are awesome pieces of equipment. Thanks to you all!

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Nice pair of D's.Love the D series.Once you sit on one of those,all the other Horses feel like little  pony's.Have fun with your new toys.I have a D-160,a D-180,a D-200,and two D-250's.

Edited by Pollack Pete
  • Like 1