Tholian

Help with new addition

Tholian

Just got my Wheel Horse tractor.  I am intending to restore it.  But I want to find out what model and year it is.  I was told a few places to look for Model numbers but I haven't been able to find anything.  here is a pic.

0205181539a.jpg

• Like 8

12 hp Kohler

:WRS:

Do you know what engine is in it and what horse power the engine is. From the pic the engine looks like a kohler but I may be wrong. Your horse has a 1963 steering wheel on it but that may have been changed. You have a great candidate for restoration there. There should be a sticker with a serial number in the area I circled below but it may be missing.   BFEC5730-B366-44BF-BD86-984A9598928C.jpeg.9fc778af788477e9258b96fd4a188820.jpeg

• Like 3

Vinylguy

Welcome to red square:text-welcomeconfetti:

You will not find a better place for answers and encouragement.

Saving Horses is a passion around here. 

• Like 3

ACman

:WRS: ... with that front axle and steering wheel it’s a 1963 . I can just make out a battery tray under the gas tank. Without seeing the other side of the tractor or engine data plate my best guess is a 753 .

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1

buckrancher

1963 looks like a 753 by the exhaust set up

brian

• Like 3

classiccat

Welcome Tholian!

I used to work in Dutchess County.

Nice candidate for restoration!

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:              Looks like you have a very complete 753 to begin your herd with. I couldn't find a manual for that model bur the 854 is quite similar.

• Like 2

Tankman

A very capable Horse! Nice! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Looks like one I owned 'bout 40 years ago. My son on the Horse is 50 years old now. Memories. What a Horse that is!  Good luck with yours!

AJ-Horse.png.56fc0b2c1d66c5707e38c3f8e329f30a.png

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2

Chris G

If this is the one I'm thinking it is off       c-list from Broome NY.  It was advertised as a 854. See if the engine is marked k181. 

WHNJ701

Nice find, the 854 had a 2 spoke steering wheel, this one has a 3 spoke though it could have changed, has the belt guard been painted over? maybe the numbers are still there underneath 

• Like 2

KC9KAS

@Tholian :WRS:.

Nice find!

• Like 1

Tholian
On 2/25/2018 at 5:08 PM, 12 hp Kohler said:

:WRS:

Do you know what engine is in it and what horse power the engine is. From the pic the engine looks like a kohler but I may be wrong. Your horse has a 1963 steering wheel on it but that may have been changed. You have a great candidate for restoration there. There should be a sticker with a serial number in the area I circled below but it may be missing.   BFEC5730-B366-44BF-BD86-984A9598928C.jpeg.9fc778af788477e9258b96fd4a188820.jpeg

Tholian

Yea, the sticker is missing.  And it is a Kohler. Not sure of the HP though.

• Like 1

Tholian
On 2/25/2018 at 5:47 PM, ACman said:

:WRS: ... with that front axle and steering wheel it’s a 1963 . I can just make out a battery tray under the gas tank. Without seeing the other side of the tractor or engine data plate my best guess is a 753 .

0205181540.jpg

• Like 4

Tholian
On 2/25/2018 at 7:53 PM, Chris G said:

If this is the one I'm thinking it is off       c-list from Broome NY.  It was advertised as a 854. See if the engine is marked k181. 

No, the engine marking is K161

Tholian
On 2/25/2018 at 9:10 PM, jabelman said:

Nice find, the 854 had a 2 spoke steering wheel, this one has a 3 spoke though it could have changed, has the belt guard been painted over? maybe the numbers are still there underneath 

The belt guard shows where the sticker was, but it looks to have been gone for some time.  I haven't started to take things apart yet.  still having to much fun riding it around.

• Excellent 1

Tholian

I found this picture of a 63.  That is the closest I can find to a match I can see.

nick-after.jpg

• Excellent 2

ACman

753... :handgestures-thumbupright: ! 

Keep us us posted with your progress with plenty of :text-coolphotos: .

• Like 2

Tholian
On 2/25/2018 at 7:50 PM, 953 nut said:

:WRS:              Looks like you have a very complete 753 to begin your herd with. I couldn't find a manual for that model bur the 854 is quite similar.

Thank You

• Thanks 1

12 hp Kohler

Since it has the kohler k161 it is defiantly a 753. The 753 is a great machine with the strong little kohler to power it. I’m rebuilding the engine on my 753 currently and can’t wait to put it back together. Have fun with your project. 

• Like 1