incabman

1969 raider 10

incabman

New guy here. Been lurking for a while and finally got on board. Great forum. I have a 1969 raider 10 that i got the day after the original owner traded it in  on a 312-8. It had a one year old K301 replacement engine when I got it in 1986 and it still the best running Kohler engine on the place. After 31 years of being rode hard and put up wet, I finally have gotten around to giving her a well deserved restoration. I hope to be able to get some advise and a couple leads on a few parts to get her back to top shape. She was still being used right up until being pulled into the shop last month. 

• Like 4

Racinbob

:WRS:

Spoiler

12 hp Kohler

:WRS:And:wwp:

ACman

Welcome to :rs: @incabman !

We need :text-coolphotos: and lots of them of that well deserved restoration of your faithful :wh:Horse . It helps feed our addiction :lol: . You may want to consider becoming a supporter . It makes posting pics easy and it’s a good way to document all your hard work.

Edited by ACman
  • Like 3

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Joshn569

:wwp::text-welcomeconfetti:

classiccat

Welcome!   

I'm new here myself so I don't know the fancy "welcome" emojis yet!

when the project does this to you:

:kbutt:

the folks here on WHF will be there to help you back-up on your :wh:!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 3

953 nut

:WRS:         These little machines are amazing, they just keep going!  This manual may be helpful.

• Like 3

JPWH

Digger 66
11 hours ago, incabman said:

New guy here.

Welcome aboard .

Have a '72 Raider 10 myself .

Congrats !

incabman

Thanks for the welcomes but I am not smart enough to load pics until maybe my daughter can help. Right now the raider is in pieces all over the shop with most cleaned, painted and ready to be reassembled. The transmission is apart right now and a few of the parts in there have seen better days. The 5174 low and reverse gear on the input shaft is chewed up and needs replaced and the 7213 Hi/Lo detent bolt is broke. Besides seals and a new gasket Is there any other parts I should replace while in there?  Maybe new thrust washers and circlips on the axles? While here I want to say thanks to Steveasaurus for his transmission videos. Very well done and will save this horse for better days ahead.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Yes replace those axle clip as they do get brittle and break. Pay particular attention to the outboard needle bearings as ther is alot of stress and wear on those. Carefully check the rest of the bearings for needles that came  uncaged. Wheelhorsepartsandmore.com has most parts than you might need. He's in the vendors section.

• Like 2