Artmilaca

2 stage snow blower question

Xearl

This is 120 lbs. and works fine for me if I can stop stripping the brass gear .

Toro weight box.jpg

• Excellent 2

WVHillbilly520H
11 hours ago, Xearl said:

This is 120 lbs. and works fine for me if I can stop stripping the brass gear .

Toro weight box.jpg

You have the Dxi diesel, Correct? If so you may have to run at 3/4 throttle instead of WOT, I think John Matthews @shallowwatersailor said something of the torque the diesel has wears on the snow thrower/blowers he had a single stage but Josh @PeacemakerJack has the Dxi 2stage maybe he can weigh in on this, Jeff.

• Like 1

Xearl

After a very cold spell I picked up a chunk of ice that did the dirty deed .  I have ordered a new gear ,worm and seals . I hope the rest is still OK because all was new . Thanks for the comment .  ED

• Like 1

PeacemakerJack

Thanks Jeff @WVHillbilly520H for the nod. My deuce was getting a bit worn in several places on the rotational  mass.  I replaced the auger bushings, the drive chain, did some repair work to the auger, and also replaced the impeller shaft bearing.  It lent a new lease on life for my Deuce.  I typically run it at full throttle as the manual says.  I haven’t had much for trouble with it but I’ve also only used it about a half dozen times in the last couple of years.  It is a great snow removal combo.  Good luck getting yours back up and functioning...

Edited by PeacemakerJack
  • Like 1

Xearl

I REPLACED THE BUSHINGS WITH BEARINGS LAST SEASON.  I HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW TO TIGHTEN THE ECCENTRIC BEARINGS WITH THE ROTATION OR AGAINST THE ROTATION. I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. 

shallowwatersailor

Running the Single-Stage snowthrower at less than full throttle came from the New Haven Toro dealer in correlation  to possible warranty work when these were brand new. When I owned my 523Dxi and the snowthrower, I had plans to check the corresponding rpm using an engine tach with a laser tach for the auger. I believe the Single-Stage mass of the auger spins at a higher rpm than the Two-Stage. But with the odd Maryland Winter snowfall sometimes I only used it one season and never checked the rpm of each.

Xearl

Jim ,   YES .Thank you .   I had the info but could not find it .   ED

WHX??

Your :text-welcomewave:Ed

• Like 1

Xearl

John , Thanks for the post . I do not think the 523DXI is at fault . The first gear that stripped was my fault . I went over the whole blower greasing and lubricating the chain but forgot the most important . The oil level in the gear box . The second I caught a solid chunk of ice that got jammed and caused the damage . I will have to be more careful .   ED