Sign in to follow this  
WHC-125

Vacuum System

WHC-125

I was wondering about how much would a Wheel horse Vacuum System in good to great shape be worth because I got one in a trade and I realized it is too small for my yard. It comes complete with everything to mount it and a trailer possibly that was completely redone with a brush but looks great and has the original tires and red hub caps. I have the belt and belt guard as well. And all of the hoses and piece that goes on the deck. From what I was told it fits most side discharge decks.

nylyon

Chris, can you get a picture of the vacuum?

stevebo

Chris,

It is worth two junk single stage blowers and a nice 36 inch rd deck... I would make a swap back for the raider... :thumbs:

WHC-125

Chris,

It is worth two junk single stage blowers and a nice 36 inch rd deck... I would make a swap back for the raider... :whistle:

Steve,

I would think about it, but I havent seen many of these around :thumbs:

CasualObserver

How new or old? Are you selling the trailer with it? You didn't say what style the trailer is (newer box like or older slant back) but I would say (in my personal opinion) a two wheel cart is worth about a $100 +/- $25 in average shape. I would call repainted with a brush and original wheels average shape. Contrary to most things, on a working implement like a vacuum, original tires don't add value. Good ones that hold air do. The rest of the vacuum... (personally) $50 tops. I wouldn't own one, because I consider using one a tremendous pain in the butt. Besides... the lawn needs thatch to help choke the weeds out. Take it for what it's worth... that's my twocents.gif for you.

wh500special

I have the belt and belt guard as well. And all of the hoses and piece that goes on the deck.

The classic Conestoga wagon...

This is really one of those "worth whatever you're willing to pay for it moments" because it is a bit unusual to find a complete unit and not many have sold that I have been aware of.

To have all the bits and pieces of stuff needed for one of these is actually quite unusual. When you say the "piece that goes on the deck" do you mean the boot that fits the discharge chute, the rubber flap that attaches to the leading edge of the deck shell, or the special mower deck hanger bracket that provides clearance for the belt to pass by?

I think you also need to cut a hole in the right footrest for the belt to pass through or do you have that piece too?

If you indeed have a complete one, I think you kind of have something unique. I'll agree with Jason on the cart value, but I'd bet that if you tried you could probably get up to $125 for the rest. You might have to wait for early autumn to get that price though. I can think of two of these showing up in PA at the show mounted to tractors but I don't recall for what either sold (if they did sell).

As far as I know, this is the only setup that uses both PTO pulleys at the same time. I'm pretty sure these only fit the 42" SD deck, but have seen one cobbled on a GT14 which certainly had a 48-incher underneath.

Good luck,

Steve

WHC-125

Chris, can you get a picture of the vacuum?

nylyon,

I will try and get a picture of the system this weekend because as of right now it is all in the loft of my barn (Not including the trailer) :thumbs: