Lane Ranger

Florida Flywheelers 2018 February 21-25

953 nut
15 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

6101CB7F-4B87-4F25-85B3-0620030B527D.jpeg

This was the crowding down the isles that I was talking about. Crazy traffic

:text-coolphotos:            That is why I always go on Thursday or Friday;  Saturday is too crazy!

• Like 1

19richie66

Next year I may go earlier.

• Thanks 1

19richie66
1 hour ago, Lane Ranger said:

Richie :  I say when being a pedestrian at Florida Flywheelers -you are an "endangered species" !

i

Very true!

• Haha 1

Lane Ranger

These Sinclair fiberglass DINO's  like Stevasaurus arn't cheap!

Asking from was $1400 each !

DSCN9270.JPG

• Like 1

953 nut
19 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

Sinclair fiberglass DINO's  like Stevasaurus arn't cheap!

Being related to :wh: royalty I wouldn't expect them to be cheap!          :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

r356c
On 2/23/2018 at 10:00 AM, Zeek said:

I have less than 12 months to go at my current job which I will retire from after 30+ years. We just got a dually truck and fifth wheel in the past year and plan on heading down that way to check it out :auto-camptrailer: We plan to put the house here on the market probably the spring of 2019. So hopefully I'll see you all in person :handgestures-thumbupright:

Since this is a Florida thread, as a Wheel  Horse Forum public service, here is my 2 cents for Florida retirement planning.

1) Identify locations with close access to grocery shopping and medical services. Ideally with low-speed road access.

2) Florida is a swamp. Check the FEMA site for flood zones. Flood insurance is expensive.

2A) Be prepared for home insurance sticker shock if looking along the coasts. The higher the winds, the more expensive the insurance will be.

3) I have found a 1:1 correlation of places I would not want to live with the number of registered sex offenders in the area.

4) Google maps street view is a must to preview the location from the realtor sites.

5) Sinkholes. Do not consider any listing that mentions sinkhole or 'settling' repair. Most home insurance policies don't cover them.

6) Wood structures don't last long down here. Concrete floor slab on grade with concrete block walls are the best bet.

Happy hunting!

Edited by r356c
  • Like 4

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: So, you're sayin'...   :think:

Florida is out of the question? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut

Having lived in Florida the majority of my life when the opportunity to retire arrived I moved to the mountains of North Carolina. Please don't retire here, it is secluded solitude with a rush minute (not rush hour) each morning and more wild life than night life.           :ychain:

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 2

19richie66

I’ve been here all my life. I am ready to get out. Not the same place I grew up. 

Zeek
8 hours ago, r356c said:

Since this is a Florida thread, as a Wheel  Horse Forum public service, here is my 2 cents for Florida retirement planning.

1) Identify locations with close access to grocery shopping and medical services. Ideally with low-speed road access.

2) Florida is a swamp. Check the FEMA site for flood zones. Flood insurance is expensive.

2A) Be prepared for home insurance sticker shock if looking along the coasts. The higher the winds, the more expensive the insurance will be.

3) I have found a 1:1 correlation of places I would not want to live with the number of registered sex offenders in the area.

4) Google maps street view is a must to preview the location from the realtor sites.

5) Sinkholes. Do not consider any listing that mentions sinkhole or 'settling' repair. Most home insurance policies don't cover them.

6) Wood structures don't last long down here. Concrete floor slab on grade with concrete block walls are the best bet.

Happy hunting!

2 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

I’ve been here all my life. I am ready to get out. Not the same place I grew up. 

Good to know guys. I was looking specifically at those issues you have numbered @r356c, specifically #5. This website has a lot of information regarding taxes, cost of living, crime rate, etc. Our thought is we are going to hang out in our RV for a while and check it out before making anything permanent. We have spent some time in South Carolina as well and have friends there too, so we are not sure yet. Fact is if we downsize here and it's cheap enough, we may just stay and then "visit" four months or so down south. The future is yet unknown, but we made sire we have all our stuff paid off so we can be a little flexible. Either way I gotta get out of the cold in the winter how ever that happens . . .

• Like 4

AMC RULES

I hear Arizona is nice...

has a "dry" heat.   :greetings-clapyellow:

:angry-extinguishflame:

• Like 1

Zeek
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

I hear Arizona is nice...

has a "dry" heat.   :greetings-clapyellow:

:angry-extinguishflame:

Funny, my brother got divorced, sold his house and moved Mesa, AZ a few years back. 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Let me know when that 552 goes up for sale.  :teasing-poke:

• Haha 1