BIGMIKE

Snowthrower/Blower for 1990 416-H

BIGMIKE

I have searched this site for information on what to look for but the more I search the more confused I get. I bought this tractor on Saturday. It currently has a snow thrower mounted and it works fine but is really small. Not even as wide as the tractor. I am watching CL for a used unit but have no idea what might fit. A tutorial on what I should look for would be greatly appreciated.

One CL ad I am looking at states: "I Have it on a wheel horse 312A. Fits all wheelhorse 300,400, 500 series with tach o matic." 

The model number looks like 79360.

Here are pictures of the thrower currently on my tractor.

Thrower2.jpg

Thrower1.jpg

Edited by BIGMIKE
Edit grammar.

Racinbob

You have a correct short chute thrower but the wing extensions look wrong. The one on the 312A will fit fine as will any for a B-series from 73-77, All C's from 73 and anything for a 3-4-500 series. :)

pfrederi

I think your wings are mounted backwards or not correct..  I am only about 15 miles away if you need anything

IMG_0062 (2).JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Ed Kennell

Yeah, it appears the PO shortened the side wing extensions and has altered the top extension.    :text-yeahthat:   It should look like Pauls blower.

Edited by Ed Kennell

BIGMIKE

Wow! Thanks guys! That clears it up nicely. I will take a look at the wings and top extension and see if I can set those right.  

Thank you Racinbob for confirming the fitments.

Thanks Ed for pointing out the changes I will need to make

pfrederi: I will take you up on the offer of help if I get jammed up.

Mike

• Like 3

gwest_ca

Will guess the one you have is a 32" model 6-0200-8 making it a 1973 model. Two packages were required at the time.

Garry

BIGMIKE
23 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

Will guess the one you have is a 32" model 6-0200-8 making it a 1973 model. Two packages were required at the time.

Garry

Thank you Gary. Excellent information.  It looks like I have all of that package. Interesting to see that the side wings were not cut down after all. However the top extension, after looking at it closely, appears to be bent down to horizontal. Maybe I can bend it back up to the proper angle.

Thank You;

Mike

• Like 1