Marv

Not Pretty but works

cpete1

Necessity is the mother of invention, and scrap parts is the cousin...looks like a winner Marv, but I'd put some kind of scrap rubber over the handle where you put the clamps from the charger. Just in case one forgot to unplug the charger before unhooking it.:icecream:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Marv
16 hours ago, cpete1 said:

Necessity is the mother of invention, and scrap parts is the cousin...looks like a winner Marv, but I'd put some kind of scrap rubber over the handle where you put the clamps from the charger. Just in case one forgot to unplug the charger before unhooking it.:icecream:

Good point. I must do that for others. See, I never forget (smile). Some folks do though.

Now back to serious stuff. What were we talking about.

Marv

• Haha 4

Sarge

Not a bad idea to have a portable jump box/starter unit - I had one years ago built with a 5hp Briggs and a simple Chrysler 100a alternator, along with a Group 78 battery . That thing would start semi's but a shop near me blew their portable unit up and I sold mine to them - had intended to build a better one but never got around to doing it . I need to get a decent twin cylinder or 4 cylinder engine and build a starter-gen set w/welder head and air compressor for heavier dc work - that was the original intention with my welding trailer outside but I've just never had time nor the parts to finish it .

That is nice and small - should easily fit the bill..

Sarge

Dakota8338

Functionality trumps looks any day of the week.  But your set-up is not that shabby in the looks department.  I'd say its a winner!  :greetings-clappingyellow:

Spoiler

Dakota8338
Just now, Dakota8338 said:

Functionality trumps looks any day of the week.  But your set-up is not that shabby in the looks department.  I'd say its a winner!

Reveal hidden contents

Does anyone know where the "> Reveal hidden contents" came from or how to avoid it, or get ride of it, please let me know.  I don't know where it came from or what I did for it to show up in my post!  It certainly was not intentional.

• Confused 1

Digger 66
7 hours ago, Dakota8338 said:

Functionality trumps looks any day of the week.  But your set-up is not that shabby in the looks department.  I'd say its a winner!  :greetings-clappingyellow:

Hide contents

7 hours ago, Dakota8338 said:

Does anyone know where the "> Reveal hidden contents" came from or how to avoid it, or get ride of it, please let me know.  I don't know where it came from or what I did for it to show up in my post!  It certainly was not intentional.

You can "toggle" it in your post , I'm not sure if it will disappear or not .....:huh: