Stigian

Even though I bought a C-312-8 from Chris in the not too distant past, It's missing a couple of vital parts like the engine and trans, so I needed to get something I could use..

This C-101 popped up very local at quite a good price :D

C101-1.jpg.91b9931cd4d0a6a2347ff4153d5e5037.jpg

C101-2.jpg.d837562e0e884bf2e678be257c6714a2.jpg

Unfortunatly the boonet/hood isn't part of the deal so anyone have a spare C/Raider bonnet going spare? :lol:

The fender pan is in good condition, but once again it's not part of the deal... Another fender pan has been thrown in (no pic's of it yet) but it is missing a bit of metal from the middle and needs a bit of work..

Engine.... It has one and it is part of the deal :D

10hp Kohler that spins freely but had no compression!

C101-4.jpg.fdd0d2658f6754472a76fbc2804872cc.jpg

C101-3.jpg.d6de162eb0ad8fa6c619708b5310c8fa.jpg

Those with sharp eye's will of noticed a couple of bit's missing from the engine... Yep no carb or...

Starter motor!

C101-6.jpg.ac3dc47347cfe3914a9fc45386be274c.jpg

I might have enough incomplete carbs on the shelf to make a good one, and I'm sure I have a starter for it somewhere but so far all I've found is a starter for a Kohler twin.. Think it might of come from a KT

The trans is an 8 speed which is nice..

C101-7.jpg.cbad4e74b1370f69ff91fd8d252e3c5e.jpg

Last Friday Rex popped in for a coffee and the engines lack of compression got the better of him and he just had to have a look..

C101-8.jpg.d3c65733cee2961e920c8eeeb566d145.jpg

Problem found... The exhaust valve was stuck open, that large gap shouldn't be there!

C101-9.jpg.64949cefee24be4fc271770f61e8967b.jpg

Head off to have a look... Followed by lot's of penertrating oil and some gentle taps with a rubber mallet saw the valve close again.. (not quite closed in this pic)

Spinning the engine with a bit of pressure on the valve soon had it moving freely up and down again..

C101-12.jpg.5eb79b6591cbc53149d48b26222f29e2.jpg

The cylinder wall has a bit of scoring, but not too bad though the engine may be a "smoker" when it's running..

C101-11.jpg.9983aaeadeaf19ed627b92bcaa57ef97.jpg

Someone has been in this engine in the not too distant past, the head has been cleaned at some point as all the crud/carbon is only a thin layer..

C101-13.jpg.81117f1f11ea3f71e82a9876742a43b5.jpg

Other than a wipe with a cloth the piston is as found... Someone has cleaned most of it!

C101-14.jpg.505acffce466634a7c1979c3fdd359f7.jpg

The plan for this machine???

Find the missing parts, get the engine running and just use it :)

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

What about the Volvo powered Wheel Horse ? I am sure this project will be fun to watch but I wanted the Volvo project to start before I take the spanners to the wife's S40 .

• Like 1

ebinmaine
29 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

the wife's S40 .

oh my.....

hey honey, lookie whut I did !!!

Jim if you do that you BETTER start a thread And get video of the encounter.

@Stigian I'll be interested to see what's happenin' here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stigian
On 19/02/2018 at 10:36 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

What about the Volvo powered Wheel Horse ? I am sure this project will be fun to watch but I wanted the Volvo project to start before I take the spanners to the wife's S40 .

Hey Jim, the Volvo powered 312 will be happening, it's finding the money to buy a complete Volvo to start with.. I do have a lead on a Volvo, it all depends on if I can get it cheap enough :D

An S40 powered WH could be interesting, I've heard that the engine will bolt to a rear wheel drive trans with no problems :D

This C-101 is my "get about the site" machine, due to knackered knees I can't walk that far at all, if it involves any sort of hill or slope then I'm stuffed!

The problem is my main steel shopping location in the on site scrap pile... And it's right at the bottom of a long steep hill!!!

On 19/02/2018 at 11:08 PM, ebinmaine said:

oh my.....

hey honey, lookie whut I did !!!

Jim if you do that you BETTER start a thread And get video of the encounter.

@Stigian I'll be interested to see what's happenin' here. 

Yep, certainly get a video of your Wife's reaction Jim :D

Interested to see what's happening where Eric?

ebinmaine
18 minutes ago, Stigian said:

Interested to see what's happening where Eric?

Haha..... local language phrasing there. 

I just meant that I'll be curious to see what happens on this tractor and also on the Vol-horse that you'll be working on

• Like 1

Stigian
28 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Haha..... local language phrasing there. 

I just meant that I'll be curious to see what happens on this tractor and also on the Vol-horse that you'll be working on

Ahhh.. with you now :D

The C-101 will be put back together when I get the missing/needed parts and used..

Wheel-Vo you can read all about here..   Wheel-Vo

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I'll  read up on that later. ... thanks stig!

Pullstart

I have a not too perfect, but complete hood for a C-101 if you're serious about needing one...