kto434

Lift Assist?

kto434

I use a 42-inch snow blade with my 312-8.  Is there a lift assist spring or kit to help operator’s lift the blade (making it easier to lift)?  Thanks.

gwest_ca

No lift assist for the dozer blade but you may have an option to reduce the weight. There are 2 holes in the lift arm you can use. The one closest to the shaft reduces the strain but also reduces the distance it will lift. Rock shaft item 19 hole for all attachments.

Garry

Lift 1984 C-165.jpg

• Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

I have same issue. Thinking of doing something like this:

IMG_20180111_211223-816x612.jpg

Notice the black spring in the middle hanging off the attach-o-metic? This was posted elsewhere on RS and I think it makes sense. Have not tried it yet but worth a look...Search for 

"Hello from Czech" to see the whole thread...

Hope it helps...

kto434

Thanks, I will check the mounting hole and think about the front spring idea too.  I had a Gravely rider at one point and Gravely made something called an auxillary lift assist kit which made lifting their heavy 48” blade very easy.  I wondered if WH had a similar OEM kit.  I have considered swapping manual to electric lift, but cannot seem to find much info on the WH electric lift kit, when it was offered, what models, etc.  Thanks again!

elcamino/wheelhorse

I think there is an electric lift kit in the classifieds. I saw a manual for the kit in the manual section.

richmondred01

?do=download

Eric Friedrichsen

Dear kto434,

Go to the "Implements and Attachments" thread and search under the title "Plow Modification" by

Eric Friedrichsen, December 2, 2017. I wrote up a simple modification that has been very successful

for me.  My hands are arthritic and I have trouble lifting the manual assist for the 48" plow on my 414/8.

that has A-Frame extensions because of my swept forward front axle. There are 4 pictures and instructions

on the simple modification.  I am now using 3 springs and am finding it very helpful.  In fact it is so

light that on a side to side unevenness the plow on the low side has a tendency to float. If I were you

I would try the 3 springs and if it is too light than take one off.  You will only be out less than 10 dollars.

Eric

• Like 1

kto434

Thanks, I will check that out.

DennisThornton
On Mon Feb 19 2018 at 2:07 PM, SylvanLakeWH said:

I have same issue. Thinking of doing something like this:

IMG_20180111_211223-816x612.jpg

Notice the black spring in the middle hanging off the attach-o-metic? This was posted elsewhere on RS and I think it makes sense. Have not tried it yet but worth a look...Search for 

"Hello from Czech" to see the whole thread...

Hope it helps...

Search didn't work for me.  Even just  "Czech" found only this thread.