This could get interesting.....:icecream:

• Like 3

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

This could get interesting.....:icecream:

That's what I was thinkin' too....

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:            Nice candidate for a rat rod build. I will be watching this one for sure!

Image result for cartoon man with binoculars

• Thanks 1

roadapples

Kinda looks like a rat rod already..:ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Achto

Chiming in to watch the progress.  Looks like a good candidate for a rat.

• Thanks 1

Tankman
10 minutes ago, Achto said:

Chiming in to watch the progress.  Looks like a good candidate for a rat.

Very nice! Updates are required, all need and want to watch your project. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

On this warm February day, I got out my cheap HF electric pressure washer, and tried relieving years of neglect on this little bugger, must not have gotten all the water drained out and the pump sprang a leak $79 for 3 years I guess you get what you pay for, anyways before it went totally south I got a good bit removed and went through the spare parts that came along, I believe the mower deck is salvageable no big holes in the shell spindles seem ok ,mule drive missing a pulley and cover, have the PTO rod and lever, what's left of the wire harness, the air cleaner mount with filter and hold down plate but not the "lid" ,75% of the mid tach-a-matic, and the belt guard with a new in the bag drive belt, Jeff.

IMAG4159.jpg

IMAG4160.jpg

IMAG4161.jpg

• Like 7

WVHillbilly520H

Couple questions for the more knowledgeable fellas since I'm stuck on 520s, the front wheels are 6" diameter but what width? as I want to go with 3.50-6 tri rib tires for my build,  and I see some 12x8.5 "modular" wheels on eBay I'm thinking about for the rear with either 23x10.5 or 24x12 turfs, also I'm thinking of stretching the frame and hood 4-6" and either "flipping" the front axle or making a set of "drop" spindles and/or a custom front drop axle, to give it a little "rake" like my old car, Jeff.

Screenshot_20180220-194936.png

Screenshot_20180220-195003.png

IMAG0170.jpg

953 nut
2 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

front wheels are 6" diameter but what width?

Mine are 6.50 wide. 

WVHillbilly520H
21 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Miller has some nice rims you may want to look at.

http://www.millertire.com/categories/puller-tires/

Ouch, those cost more than the 312, I seen I can get 6x4.5" wheels but that might not set the sidewalls flush enough found some 3.5" wide for snowblowers but have the long centers for pinning to the axle...decisions decisions...

Edited by WVHillbilly520H

elcamino/wheelhorse

Well another set of tires to add to your used tire hoard and these even have rims .

• Haha 1

WVHillbilly520H

I think I have figured out what to use for my "drop" spindles with out cutting or flipping the axle...oh my my ears are starting to burn... Cub Cadet "wide frame" front spindles as I was back home in WV today and has dad's Cubs out and the :techie-idea: came on 

Screenshot_20180223-193945.png

IMAG4176.jpg

IMAG4178.jpg

IMAG4177.jpg

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

Work decided to furlough some departments today so I decided to go buy a cheap battery and see how things go with firing it up and running it around, well it fired right up with minimal cranking and no starter fluild after "playing" around a little bit I tried to take it out on its maiden voyage but no luck as the drive belt shredded it self, also the fuel pump and carb bowl are leaking while running but if I'm gonna swap it out for a HF 670 I guess that doesn't need to be addressed quite yet,@ebinmaine see if you like the muffler I made some time back (vid68), Jeff.

VIDEO0067.mp4

VIDEO0068.mp4

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

I took some time to put the new in the bag belt on, it kept jumping off, the top guide with PTO hoop/brake mount was off found a couple bolts (7/16-14 BTW) to mount that back on adjusted the finger at the bottom of the block and the guard over the idler pulley, belt stays on now, took a little trip around around the yard and just had to pull a :auto-dirtbike: coming back up the driveway (it's hard not to be kid on these :auto-layrubber:), Jeff.

VIDEO0069.mp4

VIDEO0070.mp4

• Haha 3

classiccat

That was awesome!  thanks for taking us along for the ride!  B)

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine

Sounds good Jeff!

WVHillbilly520H
18 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Sounds good Jeff!

Would that be quiet enough for you?

littleredrider

I love ur 78 Malibu. I’ve had many of these cars, last one was a 79 factory 4-speed, power “sky roof” as they called it, Black interior, buckets, posi, tach dash, 4” cowl hood, 295/50s on vette rallies, and mildly built 454. Miss that car...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, littleredrider said:

I love ur 78 Malibu. I’ve had many of these cars, last one was a 79 factory 4-speed, power “sky roof” as they called it, Black interior, buckets, posi, tach dash, 4” cowl hood, 295/50s on vette rallies, and mildly built 454. Miss that car...

My first was a '79 factory 4spd Landau with buckets baby blue inside and out, was kinda like my "General Lee" back in '93-94 :auto-layrubber: , sold it then whined for years till March '01 when I bought this one black on black originally 3.3 V6 2.73 open rear with 50/50 split bench, still sitting on the factory 14" rallies pure sleeper with the upon purchase 406SBC and reverse manual valve body TH 400, then I added the big and little Welds and 4.10 GM cone post to the 7.5" rear, started breaking things like the original rear axle then the tranny then the engine blew a head gasket, replacing each when the went out, now I have about 100 miles on the new engine, just can't seem to find time to actually go enjoy it like I used to, Jeff.

ebinmaine
21 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Would that be quiet enough for you?

I should have the tractor all set but ...  that would be good on the antique generator.