Sign in to follow this  
Projekt B-60

K161 Fuel Pump Rebuild

Projekt B-60

Hello all.....

My K161 is at the machine shop getting all spiffed up so in the mean time I've been sanding all the shrouds for paint.

I decided to disassemble the fuel pump and clean it thoroughly. However, it's not looking good finding a rebuild kit. Anybody know where I can score a kit or do I have to buy a whole new fuel pump?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

WHC-125

New fuel pumps are usually alot of money(correct me if I am wrong). But if I were you I would search ebay or local classifieds to find a good condition used one.

Rollerman

Rebuild kits for the KOhler fuel pumps have pretty much NLA. :thumbs:

If the diaphragm looks okay but it's leaking at the seam between the two halves.

Sometimes the corners become warped down & you can very carefully work the high spots down again for a good seal.

Is it a vacume or mechanical?..."TT forgive me..thats probably a no brainer"

If your engine was getting tired with blow by & it's a vacume that can effect the operation of it too.

illinilefttackle

:thumbs: I've been putting off asking this question-over the years, I have rebuilt many, many carbs for cars. Has anyone else noticed that the diaphrams in these fuel pumps look very similar to the diaphrams in Ford or Holley accelerator pumps? I had my pump apart briefly to turn the output pipe in another direction-and it sure looked the same to me. I think I'm going to go thru some of my old (new leftover) carb kits to find a diaphram to compare. Anybody ever check this out?-AL

Sarge

I wondered about that myself, all those diaphrams were originally designed by Weber and still used today on many of their carbs and licensed derivatives .

Sarge

oldandred

Hello all.....

My K161 is at the machine shop getting all spiffed up so in the mean time I've been sanding all the shrouds for paint.

I decided to disassemble the fuel pump and clean it thoroughly. However, it's not looking good finding a rebuild kit. Anybody know where I can score a kit or do I have to buy a whole new fuel pump?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

finding a rebuild kit good luck and the shaft in the pump is most likely worn also buy a new one herers one place http://tewarehouse.com/Catalog?search=fuel...ge=13%2C24%2C26

Check out this number 22-1007

Horse'n Around

The K161S in my 702 has a vacuum fuel pump.I have a feeling that Im going to end up having to replace it. Im curious, can a mechanical pump be used in the engine without modifications or is the vacuum type pump the only one that will work in it since it origionally came with a vacuum type pump? When looking for the fuel pumps I mainly find the mechanical pumps available, at least the new ones on Ebay all seem to be mechanical type.

Thanks,

John

TT

All camshafts do have the eccentric (lobe) for the fuel pump.

Just make sure you get a pump for a K-141/161/181 or M8 Magnum so the arm is correct.

Horse'n Around

All camshafts do have the eccentric (lobe) for the fuel pump.

Just make sure you get a pump for a K-141/161/181 or M8 Magnum so the arm is correct.

Thanks for your help Terry.Its looking imminent that Im going to need one :thumbs: so now finding one will be easier.

John