XStag

Serial Number to ID Model

XStag

I recently acquired an old round hood Wheel Horse tractor  It has an 8 HP Kohler engine but it is most likely not original to the tractor it has a key  with a starter button  a square seat pan and  a Serial #  on the shift pattern sticker  of  62- 23486  any ideas ? 

953 nut

:WRS:

Based on the serial number sequence it would be a 1963 model 753. Your tractor would have left the factory with a Kohler K 161S spec #  28626E and a rating of seven horse power.

:wwp:

• Like 3

XStag

Thanks for the reply and the info.    Almost got it up and going , I've got the engine running great not a bit of smoke and idles down great , I've got a snow blower and working on a mowing deck for it , rewired it and working on flushing and filling the transmission ,   

• Like 2

953 nut
7 hours ago, XStag said:

working on flushing and filling the transmission

When draining the transmission be sure to jack up the front end. There is a hump in the middle of the casting that will prevent some of the old fluid from emptying.

• Like 2

Crazy_Carl

I need help identifying this one:

I was told the tractor is a 1962 702 but I'm not sure.

IMG_1848.JPG

• Like 1

rmaynard

When asking about "ID'ing" a tractor, pictures go a long way to positively identify your horse. :wwp:

• Like 1

Crazy_Carl
1 hour ago, rmaynard said:

When asking about "ID'ing" a tractor, pictures go a long way to positively identify your horse. :wwp:

see that’s my problem I bought a pile of parts not a complete tractor.

5EBCADD3-BB03-4019-B809-01993E2A433F.jpeg

2B3DE6EF-3043-4E8C-A66E-9FD68F25CAD8.jpeg

• Like 1

953 nut
5 hours ago, Crazy_Carl said:

was told the tractor is a 1962 702 but I'm not sure.

Your serial number is in the range of 1962 702 model :wh:  ( 62-01XXX to 62-20XXX ).

The one @XStag asked about is outside that range and is a 1963 753. If you go to the manuals section you will see that Garry @gwest_ca has done a great job of documenting known models and serial numbers associated with each.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/

• Like 1

Crazy_Carl

Thanks for pointing me to the files section.  I couldn't find anything matching serial numbers up to model numbers, but I did find the parts list for my tractor so I could order a new spring stop for my transmission shift forks.

XStag
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:16 AM, 953 nut said:

When draining the transmission be sure to jack up the front end. There is a hump in the middle of the casting that will prevent some of the old fluid from emptying.

Thanks will do . 

• Like 1

953 nut
21 hours ago, Crazy_Carl said:

Thanks for pointing me to the files section.  I couldn't find anything matching serial numbers up to model numbers, but I did find the parts list for my tractor so I could order a new spring stop for my transmission shift forks.

When you open the page for your model before doing the download if you scroll down the page you will see a list of serial numbers Garry has compiled.

BIGGS

http://Red SquareCould someone with snowblower knowledge give me a hand

Would a 1975 ?

Model 6 2211

Serial 534873

Snowblower fit a 1970 WH Raider 12  6 Speed

Thanks for info, or how to locate this kind of information on WH parts and attachments

Appreciated,

Bigg`s

Edited by BIGGS

953 nut
3 hours ago, BIGGS said:

Would a 1975 ?

This list will tell you what implement will fit your tractor.

gwest_ca
16 hours ago, BIGGS said:

http://Red SquareCould someone with snowblower knowledge give me a hand

Would a 1975 ?

Model 6 2211

Serial 534873

Snowblower fit a 1970 WH Raider 12  6 Speed

Thanks for info, or how to locate this kind of information on WH parts and attachments

Appreciated,

Bigg`s

The 6-2211 is a narrower model intended for the lower hp short frame tractor models but should fit your Raider 12. The belt length may be incorrect.

Click on the picture

In 1970 the snowthrower came in 2 packages for the long frame tractors. You can compare the units.

Garry