formariz

Interesting photobucket issue

formariz

Looking through old posts and of course seeing all photos gone, in one particular post, one photo is still there. Looking at photo's properties, it is from photo-bucket  and it is in JPEG format. However when one copies it or saves it it is saved as "all files" format . When attempted to open, computer cannot open it. Has anyone come across this yet? It seems like they have covered all possibilities.

Sarge

I'm pretty sure they use an embedded code or something - folks have tried endlessly to recover their pics and save them to no avail - it's pretty criminal way of doing things if you ask me but I'm sure in the disclosure there was a clause that makes the pics their property - not yours. I know it sure did a lot of damage to the older posts and the information contained there - that part is flat bs in my opinion. I've tried to recover my own jpeg files that way and cannot save it as a jpeg or otherwise - it will not allow it to be viewed. I need to protect my files better too, that's part of the problem with old computers that died a magic smoke death - the stuff is gone forever.

Sarge

stevasaurus

I have not messed with PhotoBucket yet, but you might try to open the photo in Paint.  I think you have the choice to save it in different formats then.  If you have a printer that will print real photos, you might try printing the photo and then scanning it back into your computer.  This would not be cost effective, but you might recover the valuable pictures at least.  In the end, you could spend the money to join for 1 month and the retrieve them.  :bow-blue:   Retrieve them to a thumb thingy..  :)

stevasaurus

Cas, I went into photobucket and messed around.  I tried to download a picture, but the download said 0 bytes.  I was not able to copy into paint either.  I was at 92% full on my allotment, so I ended up deleting all my videos.  They are all on You Tube anyway.  I am at 52% full now.  :occasion-xmas:  I'll keep trying to find a way, but it looks like they got ya.  If you did join for a month, I am not sure you would be able to download them back to your computer.  That would be something to ask. 

wallfish

Try this. Use your search engine, google, yahoo whatever and type in your photobucket name followed by photobucket. Mine would be "wallfish1 photobucket"

Then click on images. Under the search bar you should see something like  Web  Images  Video  More

Hopefully your images show and now right click to save.

They save as smaller images but at least you have them.

Here's one I just did

th.jpg.b571d4ef2d15dee10776d41a02e916a5.jpg

• Like 1

wallfish

Here's another but not sure my account is being held hostage yet

5a8356356578d_HomeliteMB.jpg.917997ff226d3be0caac3d234ff3513b.jpg

If you click on the image you see as explained earlier, it should enlarge but don't save that pic. To the upper right it should display the link where it is held in photobucket. Click that link and your pic should open. Save that pic. Came out like this last one.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

...and in a worst case scenario...

you can always make the image full size, then take another picture of that picture. 

Resolution may not be ideal, but it's better than not having the original image at all.  

IMG_8048.JPG.121c23142d4fd56d023f1b681402fcf7.JPGIMG_8050.JPG.8d071093679a35c9279e77e31c779cab.JPG

:confusion-shrug:  Took 5 seconds, or less...

to get this one out of my old PB account.   

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

wallfish

It might work if you log into your account too but there's SOOOOO much lag time on photobucket because of all the advertising.

• Like 1

Digger 66

Obviously the resolution will suffer but you could always just take a screenshot ......

stevasaurus

John...thanks Mate...I am going to give what you said a shot.  I do not really need to save anything from Photobucket, but for the guys that would like to do that...thanks for finding a way.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

squonk

I had a lot of Jay Cutler memes in PB :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Zeek
3 hours ago, wallfish said:

Here's another but not sure my account is being held hostage yet

5a8356356578d_HomeliteMB.jpg.917997ff226d3be0caac3d234ff3513b.jpg

If you click on the image you see as explained earlier, it should enlarge but don't save that pic. To the upper right it should display the link where it is held in photobucket. Click that link and your pic should open. Save that pic. Came out like this last one.

Ok, you peaked my interest . . . what the IS THAT chainsaw-winch-blower looking thing? :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

elcamino/wheelhorse

:text-yeahthat: I never seen one of what ever it is either. 

WNYPCRepair
5 hours ago, wallfish said:

It might work if you log into your account too but there's SOOOOO much lag time on photobucket because of all the advertising.

ad block plus is your friend. Install it, and use it. You can thank me later

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Ok, you peaked my interest . . . what the IS THAT chainsaw-winch-blower looking thing? :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

I saw a chain saw winch on a TV show (life below zero) that looked similar. 

squonk

I googled my old username for FB and a few :wh: and PK pics showed up under images. :banana-dance: No Cutler ones though. :(

wallfish
12 hours ago, Zeek said:

It's an exteremely rare Homelite XL-MB military blower. Haven't been able to find any info for it's exact intended purpose. It's part of my Homelite XL gas powered tool collection which you can check out here if you want to see the other stuff. I'm searching for the Homelite chainsaw winch which was made by Lewis but it's painted blue and tagged as Homelite. 

http://myoldmachine.com/topic/429-homelite-xl-tool-collection/?tab=comments#comment-3388

This is going a bit off topic for this thread so i'll start one if you guys want to ask questions about them. If you go to link above it will take you over to My Old Machine (RS sister site) which also hosts a Ohlsson & Rice section. Another collection of 2 stroke gas powered tools. 

• Like 1

Zeek
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

It's an exteremely rare Homelite XL-MB military blower. Haven't been able to find any info for it's exact intended purpose. It's part of my Homelite XL gas powered tool collection which you can check out here if you want to see the other stuff. I'm searching for the Homelite chainsaw winch which was made by Lewis but it's painted blue and tagged as Homelite. 

http://myoldmachine.com/topic/429-homelite-xl-tool-collection/?tab=comments#comment-3388

This is going a bit off topic for this thread so i'll start one if you guys want to ask questions about them. If you go to link above it will take you over to My Old Machine (RS sister site) which also hosts a Ohlsson & Rice section. Another collection of 2 stroke gas powered tools. 

That answers the question, thanks!  I'll take a look at the link. I'm into other old equipment other than tractors (hit & miss engines, antique Maytag engines, etc.) I have some stuff to post there when I'm done restoring them.

• Like 1

formariz

So I tried everything suggested here. Photos can be saved but computer will not open them regardless what program is used. Only thing that works is taking a screen shot of them. I am so glad that I started saving everything here at home years back.

squonk

I retrieved this pics with google images. I googled my screen name from My Tractor Forum and these popped up (along with a bunch of junk):rolleyes: I just drag the image to my desk top

7042.jpg.bae3b20e6e893faed8dbb4ac6c426f19.jpg

c1602.jpg.2da763b588f97bdb97d2767b4e2f8ed3.jpg

smaller pic but better than nothing

rmaynard

I added the Photobucket Hotfix extension for Firefox. All images that have been posted here on RedSquare and hosted by Photobucket are back. I did the same on Google Chrome.

formariz
19 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

I added the Photobucket Hotfix extension for Firefox. All images that have been posted here on RedSquare and hosted by Photobucket are back. I did the same on Google Chrome.

AWESOME. It works.All photos are back. 

We need to advise everyone on this!!

Sarge

You would think with all the searching and the fact I use Firefox that would have come up - huge thanks for that, wow.

Sarge

rmaynard

I can't take all the credit. @1995 520H+96+97 first posted a link, but I don't think many saw it.

formariz
24 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

I can't take all the credit. @1995 520H+96+97 first posted a link, but I don't think many saw it.

After your post I made a general one in the main area so everyone could see it. It was moved quickly to site suggestions.

I would think that such an important announcement would be left where everyone goes to first. After all the missing photos rendered a lot of the posts in this forum next to useless.

• Like 1