clueless

NOS Kohler M8 cushman??

clueless

A couple of years ago I got this NOS M8 from a guy who bought out all the stock from a small motorcycle shop that was going out of business. It came with a new salsbury drive clutch. According to the Spec No. the engine was a cushman replacement engine. The engine has a 15amp charging system, I thought I might use it on my B-80 that the K181 is going south on. Never got around to swapping it out, maybe one day. Anybody here a cushman guy? I'm thinking since it has the round air cleaner cover instead of the plastic cover it may have been for something where the engine would be exposed, more original looking. Anybody got an idea as to what cushman this set up may fit? The clutch is a salsbury 700 series, I see they fit the older artic cat snowmobile. 

fdgfyfy (2).JPG

fdgfyfy (1).JPG

• Thanks 1

Howie

I am not sure what it will fit. Cushman used a 2 speed transmission. One would have to change   all that. Have a 61 Cushman Eagle here. Lot of these guys like the B&S Vanguard with a                Salisbury type clutch. It could be used on the Eagle or the Super Eagle I guess. Mine is an.            eight horse model, only advantage would be if one could be an electric start and higher amp         charging system.

Lee1977

I don't know anything about Cushman. I used a BorgWarner clutch and Torkconverter on a Mini Bike. It would gear from 3 x 1 to 1 x 1. I had  91 Kohler on it and it would run 45 MPH with lots of power going slow.  We payed $65 for the pair back in the mid 60's.

Howie

Cushman kind of uses a centrifugal clutch but you have a clutch you use to shift gears.

R. L. Addison

The drive has to be released to shift. That one is good for single speed (non shift) only.