Sign in to follow this  
bluelinehiway

522xi Plow Fitment

bluelinehiway

Got a couple questions for the 522xi experts out there. But first, I'd like to thank WVHillbilly for the suggestion and drawings for the missing plow skids he provided. Fabbed up a set based on his idea and the solution works great!

The questions I have concerns mounting the plow A frame and stabilizer bar that attaches to the front Attach-A-Matic. First, I mounted the A frame to an old rear attach-a-matic off my old 1067. The mount went in great and the rear of the A frame mates up great. However, I question if the rear attach-a-matic used in 1967 is the same as required on my 2000 522xi? The entire plow frame seems to sit back more (and less clearance between the moldboard and tractor grill) versus the spacing on my other plow unit 310-8. Subsequently, the plate that bolts to the front of the A frame and guides the vertical stabilizer rod is too far rearward to provide smooth vertical movement as the plow lifts and lowers. I removed the plate and my solution is to fab a new, larger plate to align the rod to the guide. My thought is that the rear attach-a-matic for the 522xi has the horizontal connecting bar further forward thus aligning the front to the vertical stabilizer. Am I going down the right path? The plow angles through all 5 lock pin settings without hitting the front tires (barely) and I'm sure the new larger stabilizing plate will work, just asking if anyone can help answering these questions.

As always, I appreciate any responses. Thanks!

WVHillbilly520H

@bluelinehiway,Yes the xi series rear axle bracket is an entirely different beast, they are still available through TORO/partstree ect, and these would be a bit more difficult to make, they actually have 2 mounting points rather than one the blade as well as the 2 stage blower anchor there and of course a tiller,  I had a couple xi but I sold them and kept my classics and bought 4wd compact with FEL, IMHO I would actually spend $ on this part as I did vs trying to make it and I work in a machine shop,  Jeff.

IMAG2749.jpg

IMAG2756.jpg

IMAG2758.jpg

IMAG2672.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1