Forest Road

K-341 to Magnum 16 build

Forest Road

Finally! This block and parts have been lying around for over 2 years. I had it cut .010 and the valves cut. The crank was balanced w David Kirk's kit and I own his last cheater cam. 

I had planned to do a hot rod k341. Ordered all the necessary hardware, Bosch coil, pointsaver, electric fuel pump. After a little research I found out how easy it should be to turn it into a Magnum. So

here we go. 

Started assembly last night  w a new governor gear. Opted to install the original cam, Kirks will be up for sale, got to the bearing plate and found out I need Magnum seals and shims. So we're in a holding pattern until the seals arrive later this week. 

Any tips or suggestions gladly accepted. 

Also so this blocks dipstick was in bottom

of the block. I have a cub cadet timing cover dip stick I plan on using. 

IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1639.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

:popcorn:

• Like 2

stevebo

What is the cam your selling?

Forest Road
16 hours ago, stevebo said:

What is the cam your selling?

Purchased from David Kirk 2-3 years ago. I was told then it was his last "Cheater" cam. 

Read his Kohler rebuild for more info 

http://www.kirkengines.com/

bigmarc66

i actually just finished this same process last month. I have a walker mower that popped the magnum 16. The magnums 16s are like a unicorn to find, so I got a K341, bored it from age, and swapped it all over. Using some advice via gardentractor pulling tips, i didnt use the balancer gears because like he said, they explode and this is what did my magnum 16 in. I also had to cut down the block where oil pan mounted to make it a narrow base. All in all, it worked out well. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Forest Road

First and last time ordering from Parts tree! After a week I received an email stating they had part of my order. No thank you! 

Called I Save Tractors in Maine. I had factory Kohler Bearing Plate seals within 2 days. Guess where I’ll be ordering from now on? 

The crank, rod, and piston are all in. Decided to paint the oil pan so we’re in a holding pattern again. Amazing how 2 years of waiting hasn’t sped up my schedule in the least. 

335ED2DB-2F78-44B1-9A74-55718F442FF6.jpeg

6E4D4036-22DF-419D-9A03-B51627C7C065.jpeg

• Like 3