Sign in to follow this  
Rick53

Toro Wheel Horse Snow Thrower 79263 Brakes Belts

Rick53

I lost the pin needed to operate the lift arm.  Installed a New pin and get ready to blow snow. Soon as I lift the Unit up off the floor the belt snaps. When it was down it operated fine ,Plus prior to losing the pin it was working

perfectly  ok . So Yesterday I Re-Tore everything apart and used the manual to put it back together. I had it right the first time. With the exception that the manual said to put the lift handle in the Mounting position during install.  When I went to do so I realized it already was there. I'd left it in that position after the first installation. I'd forgotten to adjust it out to one of the lift options L-M-or high.  SO I am guessing having left it in the Mounting position is why I broke the belt. 

Everything is setup right to operate. I'm just a tad concerned I'm going to snap another $60.00 belt.   So before doing so I thought I'd see if anyone here has experience with this Blower : The Tractor is the 264H Series from the 1996 models. The snowblower is 42" Model 79263.  The Belt is 132 inches Runs off the main clutch back on 2 small Pulleys and then to a large pulley on the unit itself.

So just wondering if my A hah moment sounds like what My problem was . As I mentioned prior to loosing the pin . The unit was working just fine. I'd really  appreciate an informed opinion.  8 inches of fresh now with maybe that much more tomorrow and Sunday. 

Edited by Rick53

WVHillbilly520H

@Rick53, I'm sorry I can't help you with this one, as the picture you refered to in the other post is actually of an xi series garden tractor, the mounts lift linkages and PTO belt routing are not the same as the 260 series like yours, some one else may be along who does/did have the 260 series to help you out, BTW :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:, Jeff.

Sarge

Not many around with those smaller 200 series vertical engine tractors or their snow blowers - I'd suspect you'll just have to stick with the manuals for both the blower and the tractor itself. Maybe get another set of mechanical eyes on the whole setup and that long belt - maybe something isn't quite right or a locked up idler pulley - lot's of things can go wrong .

Sarge

• Like 2

GREYGHOST

Hey Rick, would it be possible for ya to post a picture of your set up?

gwest_ca

These belts are incredibly strong. I doubt it is breaking and more inclined to think it is being cut. Check around all the pulley V-grooves to make sure a stone has not got wedged in the V.

Garry