Nick FFD 49

What would be your HOLY GRAILor just best small and best larger tractor model/year

elliot ness

Just a few of the loader I have or have had .  Small 312-A    Med.C195   Large D250  all with a loaders.

S3700001 (1).JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 6

Nick FFD 49
2 hours ago, elliot ness said:

Just a few of the loader I have or have had .  Small 312-A    Med.C195   Large D250  all with a loaders. imageproxy.php?img=&key=233175c88be08e9bimageproxy.php?img=&key=233175c88be08e9b

S3700001 (1).JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

Your collection and my 701 is literally a dream 

CasualObserver
On 2/7/2018 at 2:37 PM, squonk said:

Large:   Eculid T-12 Dozer with twin screamin 2 cycle 6 cyl.  Detroit Diesels! :banana-linedance:

They shake the ground pretty good when the cruise by too! This one's at Pioneer Power every year.

Euclid.JPG

• Like 6
  • Excellent 2

squonk

• Like 6

ClassicTractorProfessor

For me the small tractor would have to be an RJ, don't care which model but have always wanted one. As far as a medium size tractor it would be a toss-up between my 1277 or a C-160 8-Speed, probably lean more towards the C-160, there's just something about that big 16HP Kohler paired with the near bulletproof 8-Speed transmission that just makes it extremely desirable to me, though the Hydro on the 1277 is super nice for mowing, especially when paired with the 48" deck, I can cover a lot of ground very quickly. Larger tractor if we are sticking with WH would probably be the big D250, I know its not a "true" Wheel Horse, but would still love to have one for the size and bruteness, not to mention the challenge of finding parts would be fun and interesting.

As far as Non WH larger tractors, I have always been attracted to the N-Series Fords, had a 2n for a while until a buddy of mine made me a stupid high cash offer on it that I couldn't turn down, currently trying to deal with a guy on a nice 8n and maybe a 9n if he will make a good enough deal on them as a pair. The 8n runs like a champ and is ready to work, but the 9n needs a lot of work to be operational again. But as far as practicality in a larger machine, gotta go with Kubota. IMO they are hands down one of the best tractors on the market today. A few years back a good friend of mine and I went to the local JD dealer with the intention of purchasing a compact tractor and loader. Salesman we talked to was another good friend of ours, he called us way off to the side and very quietly told us that he would sell us a new Deere, but off the record he recommended buying a new Kubota instead. One the quality is much higher and two they will hold their resale value 10x over what a comparable JD will. 

And finally, for me the Holy Grail of tractors would either be a Senior or a 420LSE. Will probably never own either of these, but hey a guy can go to bed and dream every night

• Like 3

AMC RULES

IMG_0346.thumb.JPG.196c232cb18e23dde18a3095b537b630.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Sarge

Actually - I changed my mind a bit .

Just want one - Super C-195, upgrade the engine to the K-662 - just because.

D-200 for really big , full boat loaded w/options, loader and just sit down and figure out a better rear axle/pump system.

Buddy just picked up his second Kubota , this time with a broom on it , very low hour like new subcompact model. I'm ready to shoot him..

Sarge

Edited by Sarge
spellin
  • Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Sarge Not showing my lack of knowledge but what is a K 662 , Kohler engine ?

• Like 1

Sarge

The K-662 was the largest of the heavy cast iron twin opposed Kohlers back in the day - 25hp rated and brutally tough, and heavy. Common used K482/K532 engines used in D180 & D200 models are the same basic engine, just different bores. The K662 used the same footprint but had more stroke and bore, but still built just as well with full pressure lube and pretty well balanced compared to it's smaller brothers. I always preferred these engines over the KT series , these were just built better overall. Many of the older Ditch Witch small equipment I worked with used all 3 of those engine sizes - there was a huge difference in torque when you stepped up to the bigger brother K662. I'd love to find one for the D180, but honestly it's a waste - no way that pump coupling could take that torque output and the pto clutch would have to larger as well.

Sarge

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1