Aldon

Which Tractor should I keep if I can only keep 1

Which Tractor would be your choice as a long term worker. For ease of use, ease of maintenance and flexibility.  

61 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Tractor choices - I have 2 stage blower, 48 inch deck, 60 inch deck and if I keep tractors with 3 point, then I have a GT14 style Tiller and Sickle bar(Project) ,

• 314 H with gear reduction steering. Has 520 hours on the meter.
    • GT16 (Restomod) GT14 restored with K341.
    • C160 8 speed - Restored by Jeff/Fireman 9 hours on it since restore.
    • GT22-8 Still in R&D alpha/beta state of build. 22HP predator, 8 speed, set up for independent 3 point.
    • 1956 Rj35 with Clinton - Totally restored
    • 1956 RJ35 3/4 restored,

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/2018 at 04:59 AM

19richie66

Wise choice grasshopper😊

• Haha 7

ebinmaine
41 minutes ago, Aldon said:

As such the market has made my decision.

I believe the market has decided in your favor

• Like 5

ztnoo

Interesting correlation between the No. 1 favorite "save" in the poll (44.26%) and what you actually wound up with.  1f914.png.c34fe800f19326e681b0b57007aa2f6f.png

I like that you are going to keep and continue to refine the GT 22. You've got too much time, elbow grease, problem solving, and fabrication in that tractor to let it go. You'll do it the justice it deserves in the end. And it will be a beast!

Anyone would be proud to have the GT 16 RestoMod. That was your real crown jewel, IMO.

Of course, I'm a GT 16 owner myself.........so why would I think differently?  occasion14.gif.f2ca648e4c68884565592d4a77b554b3.gif

• Haha 1

Aldon

It was a filtered poll. 

I preferred tow tractors to mow with. One sold so the C160 was pulled from available list earlier. It may be due to the cost but the GT16 had to wait for just the right buyer.

• Like 1

Aldon

And the GT22-8 when finished will equal the GT16 and very likely surpass it.

• Like 3

ztnoo
1 minute ago, Aldon said:

ABSOLUTELY!!!

19richie66
19 minutes ago, Aldon said:

You know it 👍

• Like 1

953 nut
4 hours ago, Aldon said:

I have all tractors sold or pending sold but 2.

:text-bravo: You have provided several collectors the opportunity to own some fine :wh:.

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• tractorboy79
      By tractorboy79
      I have a old gt14 and the plastic plates or control panels are way past their prime, and I saw someone was remarking them with a 3d printer a little while back and I was looking to se if I could find the file but no luck. If anybody has info that would be amazing. Thanks for your time and anything helps.
    • Southern_Secret
      By Southern_Secret
      Wooohooo!! Well after 7 long & hope drifting years iv finally done it I found me a WHEELHORSE! I'm in the south, those of you that don't know (all of you above the mason-dixon line) looking for a garden tractor, well it's like trying to find a grain of salt on the beach. I first had my interest peeked 8ish years ago when we went on vacation in northern TN. While up there, there was a guy who had 2 cub cadets parked in his yard, one with a sickle bar mower and one with a hammer knife mower on the front and I thought that was so cool. Fast forward several month's of digging and reading and I had made my mind up, my tractor had to & was going to be a WHEELHORSE no matter how long it took to find it! The days turned to weeks the weeks to month's and the month's to years......welp.... that's that it's not in my card's, I guess i'll just have to go green. My hunt slowed down to a crawl, still look but pushed to the back burner, better yet put in the far corner of the attic but still hoping that one day I will own a garden tractor (didn't matter what color at this point) although not very hopeful. Then one day I'm on market place and I see an ad for a 314H hmmm bet facebook has tricked me again, then I look at the location and its in my town.....wait just a min..... that's just a half mile up the road from me, so I click the ad. I start reading it "vintage toro mower for sale don't know much about it I think it will run just needs a carb and some wiring" but I cant tell much from the pics but what I can tell is that it has been sitting under a pine tree for a pretty long amount of time. I send the guy a message and set of a time to look at it, the next day when I got off work I make a B line to his house (on the same road I live on, I know right) and to the back yard we go. He tells me that the older guy he bought the hose from traded him so work for the mower and he didnt know much about it, but the PO had put a briggs carb on it and it was bogging down when engaging the pto is what the PO told him. (i will be posting more pics and when I do you will understand this next part better). I'm standing there looking at it as he's telling me this and I lift the hood and he points and tells me "that is the briggs carb he put on there I think if you replace that it will run" what he was pointing at was a huff-n-puff that had been put on to do away with the OEM pump. So by now I'm glowing inside, and I ask him his price he tells me $200 but if i was really interested he would do it for $125, I ask him if I can think about it over the weekend (this was on a friday) he say's thats good with him. I come home and immediately find this place and after digging on here I new right away I was going back and buying that thing monday!
      I head to his house monday after work money in hand, but before I hand him the money he ask me "yall own the NAPA store in the next town over with the tire shop right?" yes sir we do "can yall mount some tires for me?" yes sir we can "if you will mount & balance 4 tires for me ill just trade you out even". I shook his hand and the deal was made, that was at the begging of september and after some looking over the tractor reading on here and waiting on parts, I got it home last week (i had it at my shop at our napa store).
      Sorry for the long post everyone!!

• BillKC
      By BillKC
      Price reduced to $1,350. Please IM BillKC if you are interested or have questions.

I have an RJ-35 and two RJ-58s for sale that need to go to a good home. Also included is a snowplow, three K91s, and two spare rear wheels w/tires mounted. I mounted a newer engine on the RJ-58 just to push snow and do some light mowing for fun. The RJ-35 runs great and fun to drive around and experience the beginning history of the Wheel Horse lineup. Someone before me started restoring one of them so it is a project. Paint is great but needs put back together. I also have a copy of Straight from the Horse’s Mouth (2000 copyright) that goes with these tractors.

I don't have any way to transport these so Local pickup in Smithville, MO.

Do not want to separate the lot. You can buy them all and sell what you don't want to other collectors.

Thanks,

Bill

• ebinmaine
      By ebinmaine
      A HUGE thank you to Tony @Docwheelhorse for settin' me up here.

The generosity of some of our members never ceases to amaze me.

This here is another 1974 C160, but with the rare Tecumseh HH/OH160 OHV engine. Made one year only.

It's rough. Very much in need of a full disassembly and restoration.

When it came here it was missing one tie rod and the other was broken off one end.
      Today I popped used tie rods on and Trina used her 867 to drag it from the drive to the shed.

The engine wouldn't move.
      Tin was near chock full of skeletal mouseseses and their house.
      Cleaned that out and the engine spins freely now.

So progress has been made.

It'll be a good long while before we get to this one but I just couldn't turn it down considering the rarity.

• Brian33
      By Brian33
      Hello, 

I am hoping someone can help my. I recently acquired a c160 for the engine for another tractor. So I did a motor swap and wanted to see what the hydro was like. I put a plow on it C-160 (which now has a 12hp engine on it). I did a quick test run and everything was good. I drained the fluid and change the filter (Napa 1410 filter and sae 30 transmission fluid as it stated to only use this fluid on the tractor.) everything was working great after the fluid change. I plowed two driveways and the sidewalks near my house... all the sudden the tractor would not go forwards or in reverse. I tried to pick the plow up and nothing... I checked my drive belt it was turning like it should. I started to push the tractor and the rear was engaged so it would not move. Of course I was 400’ from my driveway and the plow was down which made it fun. I put the tractor in forward and started to push it and the thing took off. So I hopped on and took it to the front of the garage. I put it in revers and it cut out again so I pushed it in the garage. Today I went out to check the tow valve. I took it out and cleaned the threads up put it back in and it did not change anything. According to the dipstick I have the proper amount of fluid in it. I did have a drip that I fixed on the cylinder still nothing... does anyone out there have any tips to help me out? I’ve never had a transmission like this only manual transmissions. The model of this transmission is the sundstrand 90-1140.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian