SteveK440

Need Opinion(s) on tire size for a 416-8

SteveK440

Ok, didn't want to get flamed for starting a new topic on this discussion but seeking hopefully last questions and closing thoughts and on my wheel and tire quest. I came back today and re-read your comments which Is helping me on my final choice but:

1) Can I mount 12" wide AG and up to what ply on a 10" wide        aluminum wheel? If so, will the rear end hold up to these tires?

2) Could I get a 6.50" wide tire to stay mounted to a 7" wide aluminum Wheel with proper inflation and no bead lock?

clueless

Yes, and Yes.

SteveK440
2 hours ago, clueless said:

Yes, and Yes.

Thank You. Steve

RandyLittrell
22 hours ago, SteveK440 said:

Ok, didn't want to get flamed for starting a new topic on this discussion but seeking hopefully last questions and closing thoughts and on my wheel and tire quest. I came back today and re-read your comments which Is helping me on my final choice but:

1) Can I mount 12" wide AG and up to what ply on a 10" wide        aluminum wheel? If so, will the rear end hold up to these tires?

2) Could I get a 6.50" wide tire to stay mounted to a 7" wide aluminum Wheel with proper inflation and no bead lock?

If you started the thread its yours to do as you please! Its when others butt in that it gets rude, but this site is really great about not hijacking threads and people not getting worked up if they do. I guess it something about Horses that makes people easy to get along with!! 

Randy

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

bo dawg

Let me jump in and ask what is the worst tires to buy in this case with the 23 10.5 12's?

bellevillerod
On 2/10/2018 at 9:17 PM, littleredrider said:

They are Super Swamper Vampires. Same super swamper that makes truck tires. They are a soft compound, so need to keep road riding to a minimum lol. It has the turfs on the front, and weight would prolly help tremendously. Not sure what tires gonna put on it, maybe tri ribs, since this doesn't have steering assist. I'd like to put a loader on it, so the ribs would help.....seat is off a fork lift...

I would like a link to the place where you bought these for 30.00 each? The cheapest I can find are closer to 100.00 each can you direct us to the right site?

Lee1977

About moving the foot rest forward. There is a 3/4" bar under the back of the foot rest on all models starting with the Black Hoods and newer models. It could be moved but that's not going to be an easy modification. You will also have to trim off the side panel to move the foot rest forward.

Edited by Lee1977