dells68

No response to Raider 12 purchase

ericj

I bought a 520 back in Oct on craigslist, Originally listed it for $ 450.00 and I was the first caller, but then the phone started ringing off the hook. they texted me back and said they made a mistake and couldn't sell it to me at the listed price. I asked what the new price was and they responded with $ 650.00. I said was still interested and would come look at it in the morning. when I got there the tractor was pretty nice with only 565 hrs on it so I told the guy you raised the price on me but I still came and could he do $ 600.00. He said his wife would be pissed off but yea he would take that amount. IT wasn't right but it was too nice to nice to walk away from for another $ 150.00

eric j 

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred
1 hour ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@Big_Red_Fred You have to get a better photo, that one will scare children and animals.

And Fry cheap cell phone cameras

• Like 1

chip61

Sorry that happened to you-I don't know him either. Can't believe I missed one for sale that cheap so close to home. 

• Like 1

953 nut

Here it is. seller is new to Ebay.

mower was operating fine and just shut off. engine will turn over but piston /  valves not moving. Talked to friend who was wheel horse dealer said  Raiders were famous for piston bolts / studs braking and causing problem. will need kit and turn crank to get running again.
mower deck, transmission  and rear all working fine, was  using to cut grass. Have no attachments for power take off. This unit belonged to my dad and he used it for garden and yard.
steering a little loose needed to be rebuilt. Mower was in use until late September 

s-l1600.jpg

Too far away for me but the starting bid is only $ 75.00 near Richmond VA.

Edited by Sparky
eBay link removed

dells68

Very nice looking tractor.  Just not feeling good about it now.  He cancelled my bid of $127.50 and relisted it with the buy it now price, so I could get it so he says.  It was still in my cart and all I had to do was resubmit payment.  I even told him I would proceed at the auction price since he finally got back to me.  Why would you cancel it and relist if already sold?  Maybe he's not familiar with how ebay works, but his profile says he's been a member since 2010, just a new seller.  I'll just stay away.  It really looks like a nice tractor for the price.  Since you're so close @chip61why don't you give it a shot? 

• Like 1

Sarge

You need to forward what he's communicated with you to Ebay - they are very strict about people not honoring auctions and will remove him to prevent it from happening to someone else. His trying to raise the price with a new listing should have set off their alerts, once it sells on an auction that is a binding, legal contract and he has to either let it go or refund the buyer. Ebay will seriously either penalize him or ban him for trying to skirt their rules and he could be in legal trouble as well. I've had one idiot do that - I just forwarded his emails as he was trying to skirt their listing/auction fees after a sale, banned for life. Selling something on an auction, then withdrawing to re-list at a higher price is not allowed, ever. Technically, he should have not been allowed to re-list the item anyway - they will take care of it and appreciate your help, it will also help keep the site a safer place to do business. It's not about being nasty, or revenge, it's about protecting the system and preventing yourself and others in the future from being ripped off.

You really should go in the Resolution Center and give them a chance - who knows, maybe he will wise up once they go after him....?

Sarge

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Big_Red_Fred
5 hours ago, Sarge said:

You need to forward what he's communicated with you to Ebay - they are very strict about people not honoring auctions and will remove him to prevent it from happening to someone else. His trying to raise the price with a new listing should have set off their alerts, once it sells on an auction that is a binding, legal contract and he has to either let it go or refund the buyer. Ebay will seriously either penalize him or ban him for trying to skirt their rules and he could be in legal trouble as well. I've had one idiot do that - I just forwarded his emails as he was trying to skirt their listing/auction fees after a sale, banned for life. Selling something on an auction, then withdrawing to re-list at a higher price is not allowed, ever. Technically, he should have not been allowed to re-list the item anyway - they will take care of it and appreciate your help, it will also help keep the site a safer place to do business. It's not about being nasty, or revenge, it's about protecting the system and preventing yourself and others in the future from being ripped off.

You really should go in the Resolution Center and give them a chance - who knows, maybe he will wise up once they go after him....?

Sarge

Resolution Center does work, i used it 3 times & same thing happened to me, i was ready to head south with a Large Can of Woop azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

dells68

@Big_Red_Fred that's a sight I don't want to see!  After seeing that pic, don't think I'd cross you!  Might end up with a tank full of chimichangas mixed with diesel!  I'm just letting this one go and will let someone else give it a try.

• Haha 3

Big_Red_Fred
1 minute ago, dells68 said:

@Big_Red_Fred that's a sight I don't want to see!  After seeing that pic, don't think I'd cross you!  Might end up with a tank full of chimichangas mixed with diesel!  I'm just letting this one go and will let someone else give it a try.

You remember the old Alice Cooper song ? No More Mister Nice Guy hahahaha,,I get a little excited but we will blame Uncle Sam on then Military Training i received .

• Haha 2

shallowwatersailor
10 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Heh, sorry if I come off strong but you spent enough time on here complaining about the deal. Walk away from it - but do the right thing and report him to eBay.  Just like Sarge said, help keep eBay an honest site.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Big_Red_Fred
26 minutes ago, shallowwatersailor said:

Heh, sorry if I come off strong but you spent enough time on here complaining about the deal. Walk away from it - but do the right thing and report him to eBay.  Just like Sarge said, help keep eBay an honest site.

Get er done or get over it how bout it

• Like 1

dells68

Yup, I've griped enough.  I just hate feeling responsible for someone being banned.  I've already reported it to eBay twice before he cancelled the winning auction.  Talked with them at length and they told me to just cancel the payment and request he cancel the transaction.  Problem was he wanted to know if I still wanted it - at the time it was still in my cart so I could pay for it.  When I said yes, he cancelled and listed the buy it now price "so I could get it."  Done griping, I'm over it.  On the lookout for my next steed, but now maybe some tires first!

• Like 2

oldredrider

Dell, don't feel bad about griping. Sounds to me like you have given the seller ample room to uphold his end of the auction. If nothing else, you've given this forum some enlightening information about the scams that exist.

Kudos to you.

I've been a member on this forum since its inception. Member #216, I believe. In this span of time, I've seen it degenerate into another form of Facebook with the opinions, trash talk and intolerance of some of the members. That is NOT the reason I joined. 

Opinions regarding the original reason for the creation of this forum (Wheel Horse tractors) are the foundation of its existance. Let's ALL get back on track and maybe we can learn something.

• Like 9

953 nut
16 minutes ago, dells68 said:

Done griping, I'm over it

Image result for let it go

• Like 3

Sarge

It's up to you - but I'd hold the idiot accountable. It's not so much about him being banned but more about keeping the place honest and from what I've seen as the years go by there is a lot more of this going on than ever before - especially the inflated shipping games or hidden "handling fees" . It's making the site worthless and CL is worse in my opinion. I do not like some of the site's business practices, but at least by making them handle it properly it keeps more of the dishonest idiots off of there - as they should. Not to mention - you may end up with a problem at your end by having an "unpaid cart item" permanently stuck on your profile - it can limit what you can bid on later - as I found out the hard way. Took a few calls and a lot of my time to get that corrected and removed - it was their system's mistake on an auction that the seller cancelled due to an item being suddenly (so-called) "found out of stock" by the seller. Imagine to my surprise (NOT) that 2wks later , there it was again listed the same exact way - they had simply re-listed it at a higher price like yours. The phone calls resulted in that seller being removed after they investigated it - this seller had pulled this several times on the parts he was finding and evidently didn't know how to use Google to research pricing. That's pure bs, he got caught and removed to never try to rip anyone else off. I get it , it's not a nice thing to do to someone you don't know when it's not a big deal of money - but given what the seller has done - that's not so nice on his end either. It's your choice, I'm out and done with the opinion. I will make note of that seller and put them on the list on the desk of those not to buy parts or otherwise...

I'm not out to ever lecture here, but folks that burn others this way need to go away - they give us all a sour taste and can hurt what we've built. I've done business on Ebay for over 15yrs now, only had a few small issues but as time goes by it's getting worse and needs to stop - it's a decent resource for us for parts and reasonably easy to find stuff. Market can drive pricing of course, but having to research every seller for issues is nuts. To each his own I suppose...glad we have the great community that we have here and the adult enough attitude to vent our issues as well as ways to deal with problems. I think it's what truly makes us a family and everyone has an opinion - but overall I'd gladly rely on the advice from the members here - love this place and what it stands for. Don't feel bad about bringing it up here, I for one appreciate the heads up on folks that treat others that way - it can help someone else down the road avoid a problem like yours. Ebay needs to step up and do the right thing with this seller - I'd imagine he's on their watch list now, another wrong move and he's probably gone anyway.

It's too bad about the tractor - I know you would have given it a good, proper home too.

Sarge

• Like 5

rmaynard
10 hours ago, oldredrider said:

I've been a member on this forum since its inception. Member #216, I believe. In this span of time, I've seen it degenerate into another form of Facebook with the opinions, trash talk and intolerance of some of the members. That is NOT the reason I joined. Opinions regarding the original reason for the creation of this forum (Wheel Horse tractors) are the foundation of its existence. Let's ALL get back on track and maybe we can learn something.

:text-yeahthat: Well said Paul. 

• Like 2

Big_Red_Fred
17 hours ago, dells68 said:

Yup, I've griped enough.  I just hate feeling responsible for someone being banned.  I've already reported it to eBay twice before he cancelled the winning auction.  Talked with them at length and they told me to just cancel the payment and request he cancel the transaction.  Problem was he wanted to know if I still wanted it - at the time it was still in my cart so I could pay for it.  When I said yes, he cancelled and listed the buy it now price "so I could get it."  Done griping, I'm over it.  On the lookout for my next steed, but now maybe some tires first!

I will drop off a 416-8 on my way to Jims with a Trailer Load of Red Gold hahaha

• Like 1

dells68

@Big_Red_Fred I don't know what to do with you and @oldredrider - now I've got two free birthday presents to pick up.  I didn't know you guys cared so much!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Big_Red_Fred
35 minutes ago, dells68 said:

@Big_Red_Fred I don't know what to do with you and @oldredrider - now I've got two free birthday presents to pick up.  I didn't know you guys cared so much!

5a7e16b5ef137_IMG_04491(1).jpg.b3203d868c1796b86125973005ac7820.jpg

• Like 4

dells68

If only I had a drool emoji for that!  Nice!!!

ohiofarmer

I just look at it this way. I find two nice tractors. I decide on one and send the money. My money is tied up. No response from the seller, so I cannot buy the other tractor. Meanwhile the seller is trying to up his profits by walking away as you described.

You want and need a tractor, and you don't want to buy two of them. Of course you lose out on the second deal because someone else came along. what the seller actually did was to steal your money even if you did not have use of it for a week or so .

People do not deserve to be treated this way. Burn the bad seller and realize that you are being kind to the rest of the buyers.

My dad scrimped and saves his money during WWII. He regularly sent it home for his brother to put in the bank a hundred dollars at a time. Dad wrote to the auto dealer in Bradford Ohio, Minnich's Oldsmobile, that he wanted to buy the first new car that he could get when General Motors started building them again. Minnich's could have gotten $500 more for that car, which is probably like $8000.00 today. You know that they sold the car to him, because back in the day, reputation was everything

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred
16 minutes ago, dells68 said:

If only I had a drool emoji for that!  Nice!!!

I gave 2 bills , picked it above Pittsburgh, above Interstate 80, close to Youngstown Ohio, its in Farmer Alex stable, has a Flat, may need a battery, engine runs, no smoke, 42 deck & Mule, up to you

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse
1 hour ago, dells68 said:

@dells68 Don't hold your breathe waiting on @Big_Red_Fred. to deliver. He has promised me some may deliveries that it would take two tractor trailer units to bring the :wh: to my house and I am still waiting :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

speedyleedy

Wow that raider has very nice tin on it 👍

ACman

Dells you did nothing wrong here and gave this guy to many chances already. Obviously (knowing about elcamino/Wheelhorse) he’s a member or lurker on this forum and maybe happened to come across this thread . Seen what us members thought and decided he’d try to pull one over . :twocents-02cents: you don’t need that tractor but what he done was wrong. Give eBay all your information and let them decide his fate.

• Like 6