dells68

No response to Raider 12 purchase

dells68

Ok, this is a first for me.  On Tuesday I bought a very nice looking Raider 12 off of evilbay for an awesome price of $127.  The engine apparently has rod and cam issues as the piston and valves don't move with the crank per the seller.  Not a biggie, I've got another engine I had planned to put in it.  Here's the problem.  I paid via PayPal and sent the seller a message inquiring about picking it up later this month.  Well, I've sent at least 3 messages and no reply.  I'm starting to worry that he has decided he doesn't want to sell for that price.  Anyone else ever had this issue?  Here are a few pics of the tractor in question.

IMG_7032.PNG

IMG_7034.PNG

IMG_7037.PNG

IMG_7039.PNG

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

dells68
24 minutes ago, hondagod64 said:

Awful nice tractor for 127.00 ,either he had priced wrong or he;s blowing you off?...If you payed through pay-pay , you need to contact pay-pal and explain to them what;s going so they are informed.  , but Your protected with pal-pay insurance and they can settle for you if you still get no response from seller but you do need to contact them

That's what I think.  I agree way nice for $127.  He listed it at $125 and dropped it to $75 about a day before the auction end because he had no bids.  I kind of feel like he might be blowing me off, but the payment is listed as completed on my PayPal statement, but pending like he's not accepted it yet.  Not sure:blink:.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

hondagod64

WELL KEEP ON EYE IT SO YOU GET YOUR MONEY OR TRACTOR...CAN'T REMEMBER THAT LAST TIME THAT I EVER HAD PROBLEM ON A PURCHASE FROM E-BAY...GOOD LUCK

• Like 2

pfrederi

Unless he had a reserve he has to accept your bid you should complain to Ebay..  May not get tractor but you won't lose any money and he might get banned.

• Like 6

dells68

I'm going to wait until tonight and if he hasn't responded to my message by then, I'll file a resolution request with eBay.  First time I've ever had an issue buying or selling on eBay.  I told him it would be later in the month before I could pick it up, I'd just like some sort of recognition or communication from him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

Had that happen several years ago. The seller had a better offer and refused to sell. Got my money back in a few weeks, but would have preferred to have the :wh:. Pay Pal holds the funds for up to three weeks, or a few days after positive buyer feedback.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

It is a bad sign if the seller has not accepted the PayPal payment.  Don't wait, open a case with eBay and and with PayPal. They have "long arms."

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

The few things I have actually sold on eBay, I had to wait 2-3 weeks for the $ to actually show in my PayPal account, is the seller a newbie or been selling for a while? I know it doesn't help you but if he's green he may be waiting for the funds to actually show in the account, but shame on the seller for not replying to you, and yes open a eBay/PayPal case, CYA and if all works out, lesson learned on both ends, Jeff.

• Like 3

roadapples

I recently purchased a WH part on eBay really cheap. Only bidder. Paid right away. Day or two later the money was put back into my account with a note saying he sold it by mistake. Said he needed it for his own tractor. I left it slide because I didn't need the part right away. Wouldn't have given it much more thought except for the fact he was a Red Square member who had my highest respect... No, don't ask....

• Like 6

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  Oh man...

c'mon Jay!  :popcorn:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

dells68

Yup his profile says he has been an eBay member since 2010, but he only has a feedback rating of 2 - both positive.  I wouldn't mind if he was waiting for the money to show in his account, just respond to my communication.

• Like 5

dells68

Well, I contacted eBay by phone and they assured me that my payment had been sent and was pending on the seller's end.  I messaged him again letting him I had contacted eBay.  They assured me that if the transaction doesn't go through, I can cancel the order with no negative issues on my end.  Now it's just a wait and see thing.:(

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

AMC RULES

:dunno:  Might have the flu.  

• Like 4

jay bee

:confusion-shrug: Computer took a dump???

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:think:  Alien abduction???   :sci-fi-beamup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

dells68
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

:think:  Alien abduction???   :sci-fi-beamup:

Nope I think that's what is wrong with me.  They didn't finish the job while I was on board the mother ship:scared-ghostface:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Thegearhead0324

I went thru this same exact thing with a part for my homelite xl12 chainsaw back in December. I needed a crankshaft for it cuz the threads stripped on mine. Found one on fleabay and purchased it right away. Couple days went by nothing..... week went by nothing.... so I messaged the seller. Nothing. Couple more days later I messaged again asking where and when is my part being shipped. Still nothing. Took my money no issues tho. End of week 2 waiting around and I put in the complaint issue thru ebay. Still nothing! So I gave up gave him the worst possible feedback I could do all negative. Wouldn't ya know it he messaged me day later saying he doesn't have the part and is refunding my money. And btw had the stones to ask me to change the feedback. No way lol. Waste of time.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

paxz71usa

Careful how long you wait, rumor has it the eBay is canceling pay-pay for another pay service. I'm sure it will have little or no effect affect on your issue but it could muddy the works for awhile depending on when and if the change over takes place.

Gary

• Like 1

rmaynard
16 minutes ago, paxz71usa said:

Careful how long you wait, rumor has it the eBay is canceling pay-pay for another pay service. I'm sure it will have little or no effect affect on your issue but it could muddy the works for awhile depending on when and if the change over takes place...

Since I use PayPal all the time, I was surprised to hear that eBay was going to be using a new payment service. However, PayPal will still be available for eBay use until 2023.

2 hours ago, Thegearhead0324 said:

I went thru this same exact thing with a part for my homelite xl12 chainsaw back in December...

I only had one bad experience where a part was not shipped and the buyer never got back to me. Trouble was, the buyer died before he could ship. eBay took care of the refund, as they should with their "buyer protection".

• Like 3

squonk

I had a problem with a seller once. Bought some frt wheels for my Power King. Turned out the guy was local and I had bought the tractor from him. I get a message that he's refunding my money because he doesn't have the wheels. I still have his phone number so I cal him. He says The wheels are gone but he does have another set if I want them. So I go look at them and they are trash so I take the refund. I see the wheels I won on the auction sitting in the corner. I ask about them and he says they belong to someone else. Last time I would ever deal with him. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

richmondred01

He can’t be forced to sell it to you. All that you can do is get your money back. If you paid via PayPal that won’t be an issue. 

• Like 6

dells68

I personally think he found out the tractor is worth quite a bit more than the selling price.  Bet he lowered the reserve in hopes of starting a bidding war between two people who wanted it.  Oh well, first time in many, many years of using eBay.  Glad I paid by PayPal.  eBay assured me they would cancel the transaction and refund my money if he doesn't respond.  Didn't need it, just thought an engine swap and I'd have a nice machine.

• Like 1

oldredrider

Dell, if you need  a good running K301, I know a guy who has one! And it's on a Raider! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2