dells68

No response to Raider 12 purchase

953 nut
4 hours ago, JPWH said:

If it sells again for that I will take it if not I will pull it.

Not a very good business model he has going there. It has one bid at the opening price of $ 70.93, $ 57 or so shy of what he turned down.         :ychain:             If he turns that down I guess his next move will be to pay someone to come and get it!        :ROTF:

• Haha 3

Pollack Pete
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:ychain:             If he turns that down I guess his next move will be to pay someone to come and get it!        :ROTF:

Sign me up to get paid to haul it away.That'd be the only thing better than a free Horse.Woowoo.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

dells68
7 hours ago, JPWH said:

I sent the seller a message asking if this was the same tractor that was sold a few weeks ago. After about a week I received a reply.

Yep I tried to get more money but it didn't work out. I did not accept the money and returned it to the bidder. If it sells again for that I will take it if not I will pull it.

What I thought.  He was trying to get more and shaft me.  Not the way to be a reputable seller.  I felt like he didn't want to accept the auction price and it looks like he's fixing to do the same thing to the next high bidder.  Just not a good way to do business.  Put it on with no reserve and you should be obligated (morally) to take what it sells for!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Sarge

No offense, but that was the reason to take it to Ebay - they should not allow the thing to be sold again just to try screwing another buyer, which is exactly what he's going to do. A ton of these folks are showing up on that auction site and other places, especially the FB marketplace and thinking what they have is gold. Some are asking some crazy numbers and trying to drive the costs up on used machines & parts - stuff like that can kill the hobby. I've noticed lately a lot of them getting posted with fresh paint and decals, then a light mention of oil leaks and running issues - a typical "fluff and buff" flipper tactic used to get a lot more money out of a machine that needs rebuilt. Worse than used car dealers and the buyers show up later to ask questions about engine rebuilds and other things after they spent the farm on a worn out machine - they don't know better and go for the "nice ones" since they don't have the skills to understand what they are buying.

Anyway - good luck to the next bidder(s)...

Sarge

• Like 2

JimmyJam

Well that Raider on ebay has 14-hours left and it is currently at $77.90 with 2 bidders. Would that be a kicker if the final bid ends up less than @dells68 paid for it the last time. Is he gonna screw yet another person? Why didn't the guy just list the price @ $175, instead of putting up on auction? Your right... sounds like a scammer.

• Like 2

pfrederi

SOLD!!!  $102.50

What is the over/under that it is relisted yet again:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sarge

Anyone got the item # handy ?

Sarge

• Haha 1

pfrederi
25 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Anyone got the item # handy ?

Sarge

bid.JPG

• Like 2

chip61

I considered bidding just for laughs but decided I didn't need the headache.

• Like 2

dells68
3 hours ago, chip61 said:

I considered bidding just for laughs but decided I didn't need the headache.

Wise move brother!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1